Concern I have about Soiree

Users who are viewing this thread

mcgillgirl

Reaction score
I bought a soiree for the bathroom I'm remodeling, but my plumber is warning me that he's had complaints about the rough in, that there could be a "sewer smell" that comes from the connection between the toilet's spigot outlet and the rubber sleeve of the rough in. The plumber believes that the rubber sleeve is flimsy at the joint.

Has anyone had any issues with this? I don't want to make a mistake here. Thanks!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I'm assuming this has the UniFit adapter? I've got a couple, oldest is about 4-years...they work fine.

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Yep, it uses the UniFit.

Mine's only been installed about a month, but I like the adapter.

For one thing, if you ever need to pull up the toilet (say, to paint or wallpaper behind it), it's quicker and cleaner than if you had to replace a conventional wax seal.

I have to think the engineers at Toto have carefully designed the rubber adapter on the UniFit for durability.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The only thing I've read is if you don't pull straight up, you can dislodge the gasket. I don't think that the plumbers like the extra screws, especially if it is into tile. If you don't have the right bit, it can be really time-consuming. Today's porcelain tile really needs a diamond bit.

mcgillgirl

Reaction score
Jadnashua, perhaps this plumber somehow dislodged the gasket and ruined the seal on that job he spoke about. Thanks, all, for your thoughts.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks