Kenmore softener

Users who are viewing this thread

mfox

Reaction score
Can Anyone help? I have a Kenmore softener that is not drawing the brine water out of the brine well. I have checked and cleaned the nozzle and venturi. I have rebuilt the rotary valve and I have checked the float assembly. Any ideas?

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
A common problem with many possible causes.

How old is the unit? If more than 3 years or so, you may need to replace the rubber gasket under the venturi. Mine went bad last year - looked basically OK but had a permanent impression of the bottom of the plastic venturi part on it, just enough to prevent a good seal.

Also, did you check the hole in the little black washer-like part that is below the venturi gasket?

When you say you rebuilt the rotary valve - did you replace the rotor? If it is at all scored, it needs to be replaced or it will not be able to allow decent suction of brine.

Lastly, you can go to www.kenmorewater.com and look at their animated troubleshooting resource - I've found it helpful.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks