Leaky Kitchen Spout

Users who are viewing this thread

north66

Reaction score
Hi all-
I'm having a problem with the Spout of the Kitchen Faucet (Delta 'Lever' Faucet).

When the water is on, the base of the spout leaks. When water pressure is increased the spout actually falls off.

The washer looks (in the spout) looks fine. I think the thread on the part were the spout attached to the faucet has worn down, but I'm not sure.

I've tried replacing the washer, and taping up the spout with Teflon tape, but I still have the same problem. (I'm a total plumbing newbie, so go easy on me ;)

Any help would be apreciated.

LonnythePlumber

Plumber, Contractor, Attorney
Reaction score
Aerator

I hope you are referring to the aerator because your spout talk is giving me a headache. Spout's don't fall off and get reattached with teflon tape. The spout is about 8" long and comes from the lever handle to the end where the water comes out. The aerator is about 3/4" across and high and screws into the end of the spout.
If your are referring to the aerator then you may be missing a part in the screens or your washer is too thin. You can buy new aerators with all the parts. Spring-Flo is excellent and will make your faucet run better than new.

north66

Reaction score
*laughs*

Thanks Lonny! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to give you a headache. Yes, I did mean aerator. Man, I feel like a knob. :eek:

I will check out Spring-Flo. Thanks again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks