(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Venting Garage Heater?

Exclamation Venting Garage Heater?

I have a gas garage heater and I am trying to figure out the venting before I call someone to hook it up. I have a new house and do not want the "ugly smoke stack" sticking out the side of my house. It has a blower for the venting can i vent it out the back wall to a dryer type vent on the outside of the house? Just looking for a better looking alternative.

You need to follow the manufacturer's specific installation instructions.

For sure, you MUST NOT use something like the dryer vent. It DOES NOT meet fire code for a flue exhaust.

Default vent

The usually have an "attractive silver vent fitting" for side wall exhaust. I assume this heater is approved for a garage so that there is no explosion possibility in the case of volatile fumes.

Default More Info. Please

I AM JUST LOOKING FOR WHAT IS ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE HOUSE I UNDERSTAND THAT EVERYTHING FROM THE HEATER TO THAT POINT WILL BE PROPER VENTING PIPE.
    Quote Originally Posted by BRIAN1172 View Post
    I have a gas garage heater and I am trying to figure out the venting before I call someone to hook it up. I have a new house and do not want the "ugly smoke stack" sticking out the side of my house. It has a blower for the venting can i vent it out the back wall to a dryer type vent on the outside of the house? Just looking for a better looking alternative.

I Am Just Looking For What Is On The Outside Of The House I Understand That Everything From The Heater To That Point Will Be Proper Venting Pipe.

No need to triple-post, just read the answer you got. He was talking about "What Is Outside The House". Lots of dryer exhaust fittings have plastic parts, that could melt.

Also, "What Is Outside The House," might restrict the flow out of the pipe.

Contact the manufacturer, and find out what they'll approve.
    Master Plumber Mark:

there is nothing better than the
    manly smell of WD 40 in the air
    while banging away on brass with a chisel and hammer...

it smells like......victory......

do not hit your thumb...