clogged sink

Users who are viewing this thread

little buddy

Reaction score
Does anyone have a good method of unclogging a kitchen sink with a garbage disposal? The garbage disposal is free of debre so will I have to unhook the plumbing below the garbage disposal. What should I do?

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
There is no difference unclogging a sink with a garbage disposal.

Make certain that the disposer's power switch is in the off position.

If you have multiple sinks, place a stopper in the non-disposer sinks. Place a pot full of water over the stoppers, and fill the non-disposer sink with four inches (10cm) of water.

Fill the disposer sink with four inches (10cm) of water. Place the plunger over the disposer opening and press down slowly and gently. Then, pull the plunger upwards quickly using your strength. Repeat this pulling action several times.

When the clog is dislodged, run the water and the disposer for a minute or two.

If the plunger does not dislodge the clog, you may need to disconnect plumbing to clear the line. A plumber or drain cleaning service like Roto-Rooter may be needed for particularly difficult clogs.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
disposer

Now check the disposer to see if it is worn out. Normally that only happens when the disposer no longer shreds the material into small particles.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks