Sand now in filter

Users who are viewing this thread

kennyp1960

Reaction score
Hi

I have a existing well, been in the house @ 4 years the well and house is @ 20 years old, not sure of the depth of the well but the sub pump is set @ 150ft.

Had a lack of water pressure, actually constant pressure. I replaced a old whole house filter that I could no longer easily get the filters for, after a few months I discovered I installed the filter canister backwards, the in to the out and out to the in(don't say it I already did).

Well I fixed that and also checked the bladder in the tank, it had @ 27 psi so I increased that to match the low side of the pressure switch(40/60),I have it approximately @ 38/40 psi. The filter canister is filling up rather quickly with sand, I've checked and it seems like well the well pump comes on @ 20/30 secs later I get a quick burst of sand and then the water runs clean. Not sure if the sand is in the storage tank, since I had the filter backwards for some time or for some reason coming from the well. Any help would be appreciated.....Kenny

Speedbump

Reaction score
If your well is pumping sand and you don't want to replace it with one that doesn't produce sand, get rid of that inline filter and get a real filter. The sand will still eat your pump, but you will be free of sand in the house and you can quit buying those useless filter cartridges.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks