Hi- New here. Plumber Question

Users who are viewing this thread

R

Rancher

No this is not fair.

First tell him that you are going to report him to the BBB.

Then tell him your attorney will be filing a lawsuit against hime.

Third tell him that you will take out a 1/2 page ad in you newpaper to warn others about him.

Do at least the first one, tell him you will do the rest.

One last thing, when you have a well problem, don't call a plumber.

Rancher

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
supercheesecurl said:
Lesson learned. I will never call a plumber for a well problem again. (Hope we won't have to for a long time- everything is new now ;) !) We thought installing the jet pump was pretty straightforward deal.

I've stopped payment on the check since he is now not taking my calls. I am sure he will contact me when he cannot get the check cashed.

As a plumber, that sounds like a good move if he spent all that time trying to prime a pump. We're only hearing one side of the story but it sounds like the guy was inexperienced if he couldn't tell galvanized from plastic.

Submersible is the only way to go; it's better to push than pull in those systems.

I'd venture to say that if he takes you to court, tell him that BBB is your friend. The longest I've spent priming a pump is 45 minutes; you make an asessment after that that you have another issue non-relating to the pump itself.

Speedbump

Reaction score
All the prices were out of this world.

Do just like Rancher said, and do them all if necessary. You might want to know that in Florida, stopping payment on a check is considered Fraud for any reason. I don't know if it's true in your state, but it could be. I would have done the same thing if I was in your position though. This guy is a crook with nothing for experience. Apparently he has the greed thing going though.

bob...

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
It is very easy for a company to say the last guy is wrong. I just replaced some well Tubing and had a hell of a time priming the pump. I ended up needing to replace the jet assembly, because it clogged with sediment, and or dirt. Things happen every time you disturb a well system. The last company that did work had it easy because they replace your pump set up with a submersible pump. They solved all your problems at once. Holding back the money for the first guyis ok but he did do work and this just proves that going with the cheapest guy is not the best thing to do.

Raucina

Reaction score
Never call a plumber for a pump. Forget the BBB and file a complaint with the state contractors license board. Maybe he does not have a license and therefore you have a criminal working for you- no brainer to stop payment on the check. He had NO CLUE as to what he was doing, whatever you pay him is a gift and he will find that out in court, so forget the feel bad part.

He should get into a trade that he knows. Guys like this are why I consider the word PRO as a cute introduction. Show me the results and forget the letters before the name.

!1850$ for a jet pump? This guy is dangerous.

Speedbump

Reaction score
I agree with Raucina completely. If he want's to work on pumps, let him do an apprenticeship just like the rest of us. It's not right to learn off your customers by stealing from them then doing a bad job on top of it.

bob...

Overheatprotection

Reaction score
Website
www.overheatprotection.com
speedbump said:
I agree with Raucina completely. If he want's to work on pumps, let him do an apprenticeship just like the rest of us. It's not right to learn off your customers by stealing from them then doing a bad job on top of it.

bob...
Hey Bob,
It's john, we spoke on the phone the other day about the Pump Overheat Protection Switch. Anyway, I found a neat little trick to prime a pump that takes a long time ie:20-45 minutes
. Heres how: Buy a hand pump for blowing up those coleman inflatable beds. Put the hose in the suction option not the inflation side of the bed pump, use the attachment that come with it that fits best in the hose bib. next, your well pump should have a hose bib on the discharge side this is where you hold the hose from the bed pump while with the well pump is on and running and full of water to prime, then slowly pump the bed pump this aids in assisting the well pump to achieve more suction. This technique always pulls the prime in less than 5 minutes. Unless you have a suction leak like loose fittings, in that case scenario then, re-plumb the pump and install a Pump Overheat Protection Switch to keep it from failing for numerous reasons

John
Overheat protection.com

Raucina

Reaction score
I wouldnt count on a bed pump to pull more than a few feet of water up a pipe. Use a HVAC vacuum pump or a GAST vacuum pump, often available on the surplus market for 30 bucks that can lift the max height at your elevation.

Siphons in larger gravity pipelines are often primed this way.

Speedbump

Reaction score
Hi John,

Although I've never had to do this. I have talked to a few pump guys who use Pitcher Pumps screwed into the prime plug of the pump. This method works great for initially priming end suction pumps with a lot of suction line. These pumps are probably the hardest pump in the world to get primed.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks