Commercial Water Service Pricing Question...

Users who are viewing this thread

BSA Construction LLC

Reaction score
Website
www.bsagc.com
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and just want to ask a question.

We did a Water service today for a Hotel. Last night the owner called me and told me his parking lot was flooding. I was out with-in 20 minutes of the call. After we got their we saw the water coming up from cracks in the asphalt. I called NJ One call for an Emergency Mark out. I brought Excavator and front end loader that night. This morning we started the work. Nicely cut a 8'X19' box and removed the asphalt. We called the Water company and they shut off the water. The hotel and the resturant on the property had no water at this point. We were able to use a rubber/metal flange that bolted together that stopped the leak. The pipe was cleanly cracked through from top to bottom. We fix the pipe and had water restored with-in 4 hours.

Here are the pictures of the work. http://www.bsagc.com/water-service.htm
Take a look at pages 1 to 3.

My question is. How much should I charge for this work. I was out last night for 3 hours getting everything setup and total work was from 8 AM - 12 PM water was On, and 5 PM everything was complete.

I am not responsible for new asphalt. What you see in the picture is what was done. How ever I am disposing of the old asphalt.

its 8'X19' and 8' deep.

How much money should I charge for this job?

Thanks everyone,
~Arthur

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Pricing is best done with PM's

Every area is going to have differnet pay scales depending on their local economy.

It's quite a bit of work you did, and quick too.
I would find out how much time you will spend on disposal before you get too far along on your pricing.

Toolaholic

General Contractor Carpenter
Reaction score
From the hip ,$12,960. Don't break it down. You saved their bacon. You also prevented further Geo. damage to them and their neighbors. This could have affected foundations!,and additional flat work. Tight pants and big balls.
There insurance will pay anyway! Good luck ,Best to VINNY THE HAMMER

BSA Construction LLC

Reaction score
Website
www.bsagc.com
Terry said:
Pricing is best done with PM's

Every area is going to have differnet pay scales depending on their local economy.

It's quite a bit of work you did, and quick too.
I would find out how much time you will spend on disposal before you get too far along on your pricing.

I figured Time and Truck and getting rid of just the asphalt $400.00

But its the other work I need to price out. I have to have an invoice writen up my tomorrow morning. A bit stuck at the moment.

Toolaholic

Reaction score
I have my own dump truck and backhoe. Double what dirt boxes would cost. Double Any machine rental. That whole emergency job is double time.
Your charge for journeyman should be $160 per hr. laborers $100 per Hr.
Charge for that gas concrete saw $200 Trucks ect. When we have hill slides
at 2 am this is how we, and everyone else charges. You can always drop a grand ,if they cry. It's a long winter around the corner for You Guys,and NJ
is slowing down! Brotherlaw lives there. Good luck Tool

Toolaholic

Reaction score
One more thought. When the DR. looked at His bill. I did a similar bail out with
My guys and equept. He said " looks like a lot of money for this"
I also looked over My glasses ,and said "DOC, what do you normally pay for one of these jobs?' He said " I'll get My checkbook"

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks