Will this rough-in work?

Users who are viewing this thread

imunwell2

Reaction score
Hello new guy with shower plumbing question.

I don't know too much about running copper pipe. Don't seem like it would be a problem, but I have a question.

Will this layout work, or will I have some water pressure issues with the 90 degree corners. I think it would look better to have the volume control valve above the main shower valve. Diverters are kind of expensive, so I thought I could use the main shower valve to control the temperature of the hand held, and just have it where I could turn on the hand held when I want it, and turn it off when I don't.

l_f0699049d30bd50fa93b3770722d9c41.jpg

Thank,
Harry

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
piping

If you don't mind the main shower head spraying you while you are using the handheld it will work, but seems sort of redundant. Why go to all the work of installing a new shower and then go cheap on the diverter? At least you could use two volume control valves, but then you would use them to turn off the shower which would cause other problems.

Last edited:

imunwell2

Reaction score
I guess you have a good point. I'm doing glass blocks and everything, not going cheap on anything else. The only reason was, it's my mother-in-laws, and she only wanted the hand held for the grandkids to play with. But for resale value, I suppose a diverter would be the best option.
What type of diverter do I need, how many ports? All I want is A or B or both. Is that a 2 port diverter, or 3 port? When it says 2 ports, does that mean 2 output ports, or does it mean an input and an output port? Will all diverters give me combinations ie. A or B or both?

Thanks for your time,
Harry

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks