Looking for Lasco shower/tub parts

Users who are viewing this thread

Kelley G

Reaction score
hi,
I have an older model Lasco shower/tub enclosure. the ss grab bar needs to be replaced, along with one missing grommet. I've contacted Lasco and they were absolutly no help.
so far, I have been able to find acrylic rod material (6' lengths) but the grommets have got me stumped. does anyone know where I can purchase either one of these items?

OD of bar - 7/8" (.875)
OD of grommet hole - 1 1/16" (1.125)
bar length - 16 3/4"

thank you,
Kelley

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
Lasco won't be making the grab bars themselves.
They wouldn't tell you where you could get a replacement or the company who makes it for them?
Maybe they don't want to deal with the end user, have you tried to contact one of their Wholesalers or Retailers?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lancaster

Reaction score
The way I read this,the "bar" part of the grab bar is broken and you just want to replace that part and keep the end pieces.
I'm trying to figure what broke a 7/8 thick stainless steel bar.I cant see where replacing it with an acrylic rod could possibly be safe.
Carrying that further,I've never seen the "bar" part sold separately.To properly install a grab bar one would need access to the back (stud side) of the unit.
Just to check,sure this is not a slide bar for a hand-shower? Or a towel bar?

Last edited:

Duckman

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but did you ever find those grommets? I have the same issue and found one other person who in the last two weeks has the same problem on a different forum.

JDDoe

Reaction score
Well I consider myself to be pretty savvy when it comes to searching the web for items, but this one took some time. Definitely a hard to find item.

I too was in need of these little plastic grommets and had some major ceiling damage below the tub when one of these had broken away in the kids tub and I was unaware it had been removed.

So for those of you searching and searching - here they are - http://www.uspartscenter.com/towelgrabbar.aspx

Pinewood

Reaction score
My question is, once you have the grommets and acrylic bar, how do you secure it to the tub? My old bar has clips on each end and I was able to remove it by twisting it and popping the clips off, but there is no way to put the clips back on as there is no access to the tub wall with out demoing the exterior wall the tub sits against. Is there an adhesive that can be used like Lexel caulk for instance and just applying it to the grommets and sliding the bar into the grommets and then caulking aroung the bar and grommets? Bad design by Lasko, great if it doesn't tear up, is my opinion and even worse that they do not offer any fix for this. My brother had this problem on a house he was remodeling for a customer a few years back and contacted Lasko and they sent directly to the customer a replacement bar that the customer was able to install but this is no longer done as I have contacted Lasko and they offer no replacement.

Goodjoan

Reaction score
I realize this thread is really old, but it's what pops up at the top of my google search over and over! I have the same problem, older house, the little inset towel bar fell out of 2 baths and I needed to replace them. I still have one of the bars but need to replace the other. Fortunately, one of the tubs still had the original grommet still in place! It is Heyco snap bushing ID#SB 1093-14, part number 2164. I went to Heyco's website and asked for a sample part and hopefully, will receive the order in a few days. I'm hoping it fits and can be used to reseat the original bar. I'll be using the links above to order an acrylic replacement for my other bath. Thanks for keeping this info here for us to find!!

Briman

Reaction score
hi,
I have an older model Lasco shower/tub enclosure. the ss grab bar needs to be replaced, along with one missing grommet. I've contacted Lasco and they were absolutly no help.
so far, I have been able to find acrylic rod material (6' lengths) but the grommets have got me stumped. does anyone know where I can purchase either one of these items?

OD of bar - 7/8" (.875)
bar length - 16 3/4"

thank you,
Kelley

Kelly I know this is old. I just found myself in the same boat. On the grommet is a part number mine was
hi,

OD of bar - 7/8" (.875)
bar length - 16 3/4"

thank you,
Kelley

guyinsb

Reaction score
The ebay seller does in fact have the correct part. However, the grommet has two "catches" along the sleeve which can make installation tricky. I own an apartment built in 1977 with 36 shower stalls, each with the small towel bar insert, each with degraded or incorrectly installed grommets. Oi vey! Previous owners have dealt with the problem with silicone caulk.

I just bought 34 of these grommets (in white) from mouser for 19 cents each, plus $5 shipping. Hope they are what I actually want! Keywords: Heyco 2164

Last edited:

Duckman

Reaction score
The ebay seller does in fact have the correct part. However, the grommet has two "catches" along the sleeve which can make installation tricky. I own an apartment built in 1977 with 36 shower stalls, each with the small towel bar insert, each with degraded or incorrectly installed grommets. Oi vey! Previous owners have dealt with the problem with silicone caulk.

I just bought 34 of these grommets (in white) from mouser for 19 cents each, plus $5 shipping. Hope they are what I actually want! Keywords: Heyco 2164

Put the grommets in first, then slide the bar in one side far enough to pull it back into the other side.

Also found at
http://www.shop.afpimaging.net/BUSHING-SNAP-HEYCO-SB-1093-14-0000030517.htm

guyinsb

Reaction score
Put the grommets in first, then slide the bar in one side far enough to pull it back into the other side.

Also found at
http://www.shop.afpimaging.net/BUSHING-SNAP-HEYCO-SB-1093-14-0000030517.htm

Once the grommet has been inserted, small "tabs" in the sleeve are forced into the interior of the sleeve, making it impossible to insert the pipe through the grommet. I guess the hole in the wall of the shower needs to have "notches" filed to permit the insertion of the grommets without bending the tabs.

Demitri27

Reaction score
I bought the grommets and now cannot get the towel car in because of the tabs on them. Did anyone figure out how to make this work?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks