Air Testing

Users who are viewing this thread

Nelsonba

Reaction score
Does anyone know of an online supply store that carries air testing equipment for DWV systems? I'm planning to test on the 1 1/2" sink drain, but don't have any of the equipement needed.

Thanks,
Barry

Got_Nailed

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I just reduce it down till I can get a 1/2 brass T into. One side into the plumbing, one side to a shredder valve, and the one side to a PSI gage.

Nelsonba

Reaction score
Are the shredder valves and gauges available at big box stores, or would I need to go to a plumbing supply store?

Got_Nailed

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Sometimes it is hard to find the shredder valves. But yes you should be able to find them in the big box store.

If you use a on off valve you can use a quick disconnect fitting right into your compressor. Just turn the presser down to about 5 over where you want it before you start.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Try Schrader valve (similar to the one on your tire). I never looked for one, so can't help where to buy one with a threaded connection.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks