Flip-flopped body assembly

Users who are viewing this thread

TriGuyBA

Reaction score
Help! :eek: I just put the finishing touches on my remodeled shower only to discover the handle points up instead of down like it is supposed to. I bought a Glacier Bay single handle type fixture that mixes the hot and cold water inside what the destructions call a Pressure Balance Body Assembly. Of course I finished all the new tile work before checking the orientation of my installation. Please tell me I don't have to tear the wall apart to fix this. To work correctly without befuddling everyone that uses this (yes, it's the Guest Shower) it should operate like the nice graphic on the escutcheon plate shows. I have an exploded view diagram of the assembly and it looks like I might be able to pull the doohickey out that opens and closes the valve and reverse it but I thought I would try to get some confirmation before tearing into it.

Bob

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
faucet

I installed a customer's Glacier Bay faucet a couple of days ago, but could no tell you what to do at this point. Usually inverting the inside parts reverses the hot and cold water sides. And if the valve body is inverted, and it is for a tub and shower, then you will probably get water from the shower head anytime the tub is used.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks