Boiler Wiring (Weil CGa, Tekmar 256, Taco SR501, and T-Stat)

Users who are viewing this thread

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
you only need to remove and cap one of them. The one directly below the low limit dial.

cb9999

Reaction score
thanks!

Thanks! What a great forum this is! Great members too; no rambling.

Pete Meenk

Reaction score
New member here, I used this thread to help me set up my Tekmar 256 on my old Burnham single zone, natural gas, hot water boiler. My system is tested and up and running so no quessing here. I got proof! Anyway, the install went pretty much like it is called out in the thread, with a couple of exceptions. The first hurdle was the stat wiring, I ended up just putting a pigtail on the end of each wire from the stat, one side to the Taco and one side to the Tekmar. R and W on the Taco, 7 and 9 on the Tekmar. So the heat call goes out to everyone at the same time. I also had to provide the Tekmar with its own 24v supply. For some reason the Taco did not like sharing the 24v power supply line in Tekmar slot 9 (C-) with the Stat line that needs to reside there too. Upon power up the Taco would shut down, no go. Once I stopped using the Taco as my 24v supply and provided the Tekmar with a stand alone 24v supply everything worked as it should. Circ pump will run on its own when there is a call for heat, the Tekmar decides whether or not to fire the boiler. We well see how it goes. Great thread guys, thanks for all of the info.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks