Faucet Turned On By Itself

Users who are viewing this thread

toddsegal

Reaction score
First let me start by saying I'm a licensed general contractor and I also do not believe in ghosts or spirit forces. That said I was sitting in the room that is open to the kitchen and the kitchen faucet turned on by itself. It is a Kohler with a pull out sprayer. Also my daughter was being given a bath with her mother in the other part of the house. So what gives? Can pressure fluctuations cause this to happen? Can anything else cause this or do I need to reconsider the merits of a ouija board?

Tjbaudio

Reaction score
ok I do believe in the paranormal BUT I use to live in an apartment that had a faucet that was so easy to turn on my cat would hit it to get fresh water. I could see a faucet failing in a way that a pressure diff could cause it to turn on. can you get it to turn on easy?

Cookie

Reaction score
For under 10 dollars you can go to one of the Big Box stores and buy a pressure gauge to check your water pressure to see if it is excessively high as that could be one possible reason it is turning on.

If the water pressure after being tested is in excess of 75-80 pounds, it is recommended that you install a pressure reducing valve and an expansion tank.
The tank can be installed anywhere on the cold water line but, it is usually installed on the cold line somewhere above the water heater.

Best regards, Cookie

Last edited:

Markts30

Commercial Plumber
Reaction score
Cookie said:
For under 10 dollars you can go to one of the Big Box stores and buy a pressure gauge to check your water pressure to see if it is excessively high as that could be one possible reason it is turning on.

If the water pressure after being tested is in excess of 75-80 pounds, it is recommended that you install a pressure reducing valve and an expansion tank.
The tank can be installed anywhere on the cold water line but, it is usually installed on the cold line somewhere above the water heater.

Best regards, Cookie

Now look at who is the plumbing pro...
Impressive Cookie...

Cookie

Reaction score
One is only as good as their teacher; and, I have a great teacher.:)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks