Pegaus series 7000 Cartridge

Users who are viewing this thread

shawv

Reaction score
I have removed my Pegasus series 7000 cold water cartridge. I just tried to replace it with a glacier bay cartridge, "Cold Stem 3s-11c for glacier bay faucets" but it was backward it wouldnt pull forward, and would move "backward" and hit the back splash behind the faucet handles. It shouldn't move that direction. (so it would move "the opposite direction" that it was supposed to go)

Any suggestions?
I have tried searching the internet for Pegasus parts - no luck.

Should I try the Hot Cartridge? (since the cold was backward?)

Thanks for you help.

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
I would look for the web page for that comp... I do believe they have a limited lifetime warranty. If you can't find it I would goto the store you got it and copy the number off a box.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Although Glacier Bay and Pegasus are both made for Home Depot by Globe Union Industrial Faucet Company, the Glacier Bay is all China, and some of the Pegasus are Italy. So, that Danco generic part for Glacier Bay is just not right/ The phone number for Pegasus is on the box it came in. If you don't have the box, go into a depot and just copy it off a box.

shawv

Reaction score
Got Matching Cartridge, but can't make water shut all the way

I went to Home Depot today and I got a matching cartridge, but I can't make the water shut all the way off. If I push down hard on the cartridge/handle it shuts off. The cartridge looks identical in all respects, heighth etc.

I tried to tighten the retaining nut harder, and cracked it along the threads because I turned it one time to many, so now I need a new cartridge retaining nut.

I got the number to Pegasus of a box at Home Depot, 1-877-580-5682 but they are not open until tomorrow morning, so I'll call then.

Thank you for your help and expertise.

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
shawv said:
I went to Home Depot today and I got a matching cartridge, but I can't make the water shut all the way off. If I push down hard on the cartridge/handle it shuts off. The cartridge looks identical in all respects, heighth etc.

I tried to tighten the retaining nut harder, and cracked it along the threads because I turned it one time to many, so now I need a new cartridge retaining nut.

I got the number to Pegasus of a box at Home Depot, 1-877-580-5682 but they are not open until tomorrow morning, so I'll call then.

Thank you for your help and expertise.

I have never had much luck with that line. It is worth calling them for the parts. I have asked H/D for the parts and they don't carry anything for that line in my area. Yet they sell the faucets.

shawv

Reaction score
Called Pegasus Customer Service

at 7 am this morning I called Pegasus customer service this morning from the number on the box. they said welcome to Loda USA -call back during normal business hours 6am - 6pm pst, leave a message, then I got "messages are not being accepted. :mad:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The Pegasus "7000 series" seems to cover a lot of bases. If you have the actual store sku number of your product, I have some parts lists. But unless it is a common part that the depot store has decided to carry, you still have to call Pegasus to get parts.

Oct. 30> part number for the cartridge should be 507074

Last edited:

shawv

Reaction score
I Got ahold of Pegasus Customer Service

I called the phone number on the box, 1-877-580-5682 and they gave me this number to pegasus: 1-888-328-2383

I waited on hold for an hour and 20 minutes. I just put them on speaker and went about my business.

They are shipping out a cartridge and a cartridge retaining nut

I also found a Pegasus website:

https://www.homedepot.com/c/KH_BA_Pegasus_Brand

Update 6/26/2010
The link above no longer works. I'm not surprised by that.
They keep moving their contact info around, making it very hard to get parts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
You notice that website has almost no useful information, and if you click the contact us link, it takes you to home depot dot com

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks