(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Raising my bathroom drain pipe

Default Raising my bathroom drain pipe

I'm remodeling my bathroom and I need to raise my drain pipe about six inches to fit inside my new vanity. Right now the drain pipe runs into an old metal pipe that runs several inches horizontally before connecting to a cast iron pipe. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Default drain

For want of a better description, "with great difficulty". In fact I would say that the average DIYer would have neither the experience or equipment to do it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Madtown Flip
    I'm remodeling my bathroom and I need to raise my drain pipe about six inches to fit inside my new vanity. Right now the drain pipe runs into an old metal pipe that runs several inches horizontally before connecting to a cast iron pipe. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Thanks
    I would open the wall and cut the cast iron as needed and put in a new plastic piece. This is the only way to do it. You will need to use two mission couplings to go from cast iron to plastic. You will also need a tee wye to come out of the wall and attach a new "P" trap. It is not overly easy to do any of this so I would call a pro.
    I'm just starting to work with an old friend of mine to bring solar electric and hot water systems, wind turbines, Flex Fuel Boilers, batteries, hydroponic gardening, books, pellet grills and more. Also the parts for DIY installation.