Toto Soiree

Users who are viewing this thread

Dina

Reaction score
Hi,

Because of the information and opinions on this site, we bought a Soiree and matching wall mount sink. Both are Sanigloss and in Colonial White. The color was special order but both items only took 3 weeks to get here.

The toilet works extremely well. It bubbles up for a second before flushing away and the walls are rinsed with water to help keep them clean. This is my first low flow toilet and you'd never know that there's so little water in the tank.

It's in, works well. We're glad we got it. Thank you to all who contributed to my research.

abak_soiree_1.jpg

TOTO Soiree pedestal lav, faucet and toilet suite

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Thanks for the update.

Yes, the Soiree is one of the models which because of the skirt design,, requires the supply valve to be at least 5" from C/L of flange,8" suggested, as opposed to the more common 5~6". Sounds like your plumber had to move your valve, necessitating some repair work in the wall and or floor, whichever place the valve was.
soiree_angle.jpg

Last edited:

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
Thank you for the feedback, i wish more of my customers did that.
If i were to replace the toilets in my house i would pick the Sioree as well, i believe it to be the best functioning and best design of the Toto line.
Your plumber could have purchased a shutoff valve that would work with a skirted toilet, but most do not know they are available.
http://www.dahlvalve.com/products/toto_toilet_kit.aspx
The problem is the skirted toilets block the stop valve making it hard to get at to turn off but the new valves angle it to make it accessable.

toilet_kit.jpg

Terry's note: The Soiree needs the water shutoff valve at least 5" to the left of center.
If it's less than that, the ones pictured can be used.
The Carlyle skirted bowl needs 7"

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
The other problem with skirted toilets, at least in my case, was that the back part of the skirt comes close enough to the wall that the water supply not only has to be relocated a few inches to the left, but also really has to hug the wall - can't stick out too much...

Dina

Reaction score
You are all very welcome.
It's a silly name, though. It's French for "evening party".

kinsman

Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to this forum although I read a lot of it while researching a new toilet. I installed a Toto Soiree two weeks ago.

I have a problem that I hope you have a solution for.

My wife told me that 4 times, she had to use toilet paper to clean the bowl after using our new Toto Soiree toilet. This was not a problem on the replaced 3.75 GPF American Standard. The smearing happens during the flush cycle. She is upset because this is the first floor toilet that guests use. I have not had the problem. My wife is a vegetarian, I am not. Again, the bowl was clean before the flush cycle and the soil was above the water line in the front of the bowl. I did not actually see it as she is too lady like to show it to me and I could tell she was a little embarrassed even mentioning it to me.

I thought that maybe there was some manufacturing residue in the CEFIONTECT bowl. Being brand new, it was never cleaned. I shut off the water and flushed the toilet so the water in the bowl was at its lowest level and more porcelain was exposed. I used Dawn dishwashing liquid and paper towels to really scrub the entire bowl, from the rim to as far as I could reach down the trap with my gloved hand. I then flushed it twice to get out all the suds and burnish dried it with clean paper towels. It sparkled!

Last night we had company and my wife's worries were proven valid. She called me to show me a two inch smear (not hers) on the right side of the bowl, above the waterline. Three flushes did little to diminish it. I had to reach in and clean it with toilet paper. I was not happy.

I need to get another toilet for this bathroom if you do not have a solution for this problem. Is there another toilet in the Toto lineup that will work better?

Am I expecting too much from a 1.28 GPF toilet coming from an old 3.75 GPF model?

Is the American Standard Traditional Champion 4 one piece toilet better than the ones that your members seem to dislike?

Thank you,
Jim

dawn-soap.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
When you go from a 3.75 gallon toilet, with a large water pool,
and then update to a 1.6 or 1.28 gallon toilet, there is going to be a lot more porcelain exposed.
It doesn't really matter what brand you buy, all of the new bowls since 1992 will be like that.

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Terry - I seem to recall you saying some time ago that in your experience, CEFIONTECT may work better with time? In other words, in may not seem to be that helpful when the toilet is new, but over time it seems to work better.

Is my recollection about this right?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks