cleanout installation

Users who are viewing this thread

aqilea

Reaction score
hi
i,m installing a cleanout to main sewer line made of cost iron .the city required abs type .the problem how to cut the cost iron pipe and is there a easy way to connect the 3 inch abs to 3 inch cost iron and what type of glue do i need.
thank you.

aqilea

Reaction score
thank you for the replay

is there a way to cut the cost iron pipe ,can i use the grinder weel or drill a round it then break it off.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
snap_cutter.jpg

If you've got enough room to get the thing around the pipe, rent a soil pipe snap cutter. Takes all of a minute to cut the pipe. It has a large chain and a ratchet mechanism. Sort of like a bicycle chain with round tapered disks in the middle. Wrap it around the pipe, capture the closest link, then start cranking on the ratchet. It puts pressure on the CI, and will cause it to snap, or crack it where the points go. Works slick. You can rent one from most any tool rental place. A grinder or sawsall will work, but it is more time consuming and harder to get it straight. You'll probably go through a few blades, too. CI is very abrasive, and it gives cutting tools grief.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks