Looking for tub w/ tile flange but no apron..

Users who are viewing this thread

jblalock

Reaction score
I want a 60" x 32" tub with a tile flange for a 3 wall alcove install, but no apron. Does anyone make one like this?

Thanks

Geniescience

Homeowner
Reaction score
i have seen this with enameled steel tubs. i do not recommend them. The apron is a separate piece of metal.

i have heard from an acrylic tub maker that anyone can cut an acrylic tub into shape to suit as long as he supports the remainder properly and without expecting full warranty. I believe that.

david

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Most of the drop-in tubs have a tile flange kit that can be added at installation time and there are ways to perform that function without a flange using specialty trims and membranes (look at www.schluter.com for Dilex when used with Kerdi for waterproofing the walls as one example).

Emma3

Reaction score
Hydro Systems

I have exactly what you are describing -- we're installing it this week. It's made by Hydro Systems (www.hydrosystem.com). They do a lot of whirlpool tubs, but you can order any model without this option, and also specify the integral tile flange. Ours is 60X30 (Lacey), but even more choices available in 60x32.

All these tubs are made to order, so they're not cheap and take a while to get what you want.

Good luck!

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
American Standard makes an add-on tile flange for their whirlpool tubs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks