Tying 4"x4"x2" all-hub into existing stack

Users who are viewing this thread

Ed_S

Reaction score
I'm renovating my master bath and have a question on tying in a 4"x4"x2" all hub waste connection into the existing stack. My intent is to leave the remaining existing rough plumbing as-is but if I have to remove, then the new will trace the same route as the existing. Since I'm converting the old tub area into a single shower, I have to change out the 1 1/2" p-trap into a 2". Where I'm confused is the tie-in of the new PVC 4"x4"x2" into the existing cast iron vent stack. I know I have to use the reinforced hub couplings since the connection is above ground. Given the diameter of the 4" hub is wider than the 4" cast iron, do I add a length of 4" pvc pipe into each of the 4" hub sections to create a better match of the pipes to be connected with the reinforced hub. I've attached a picture to give you my idea. To me, adding the additional 4" wide section make the transition more clean. Thoughts?

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n245/esuggs/ShowerStack.jpg

abs_santee.jpg

Santee

Last edited by a moderator:

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
They make a PVC to CI no hub adapters you will need a short piece of PVC
pipe between tee & CI.Use no hub couplings.

Ed_S

Reaction score
Good point, I'll have the walls open. We're in a single story house with good attic access. Perhaps I should just replace everything down to the waste line, minimizing the modifications.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks