How to snake drain in the wall?

Users who are viewing this thread

Bosun

Reaction score
I have a 1924 bath sink drain that is awfully slow. The clog/narrowing is somewhere in the wall. I took the trap off and stuck my Ridgid 'home-owner' snake in the arm. I cant get the snake to make the 90 degree turn at the drain. What is the trick?

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
Bosun said:
I have a 1924 bath sink drain that is awfully slow. The clog/narrowing is somewhere in the wall. I took the trap off and stuck my Ridgid 'home-owner' snake in the arm. I cant get the snake to make the 90 degree turn at the drain. What is the trick?
The big secret trick is not using a hand powered snake.:D The two choices you have is to call a pro or rent an elec power snake. If you really want to try and drive your self crazy I would put a very small bend on the tip. This will let you take turns, you just kind of get the tip to point into the turn. I would also make sure you have a good cleaning product. Drain cleaning is very messy:D

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If any of that drain pipe is galvanized, it is probably time to replace it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks