sump pump versus grinder pump or both?

Users who are viewing this thread

rrah

Reaction score
I've searched all over the net so am hoping to find an answer here. If one has a sealed grinder pump that's hooked up to the city sewer system, does one also need a sump pump or does the grinder pump perform that function also?

Thanks for any help in clearing up my confusion.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
A sump pump is designed to remove ground water. A grinder pump reduces solid waste to a slurry and pumps it out. A solids pump moves solids and liquids (similar to a grinder, but needs a bigger outlet because there are still chunks).

Got_Nailed

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
You would also need a sump pump if you have the ground water issue. The grinder pump should be sealed for the waist water and having ground water flow into it would also let the shit water flow back into the ground.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks