pipes clanging

Users who are viewing this thread

Tameria11

Reaction score
Hi
Have not been here for a while. Just starting another project. Recently when the washer or dishwasher or taps are turned on I hear a load clunking, clanging sound further down the water pipes. I opened all the faucets to let air out but still have the banging pipes. It's driving me crazy,:confused: Help would be appreciated
Dave

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It's more common to hear that when the valves close. Water hammer occurs when a fast-closing valve activates and the intertia of the water causes the pipe to move. If it is well anchored, or cushioned, that eliminates most of it, but in addition, the installation of a hammer arrestor should solve the rest.

Geniescience

Homeowner
Reaction score
copper pipes? If yes, then something has moved since you have been renovating and remodeling. Now the pipes are moving around inside the walls or in the ceiling. They need to be fastened down.

"Clanging" is not water hammer.

david

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks