Hardi board over drywall?

Users who are viewing this thread

Geniescience

Homeowner
Reaction score
I've seen installers use different materials including nothing at all. I would not recommend using straight dry wall mud however as it could result in mildew growing behind your finished wall. Where ever you purchased your hardibacker board should be able to also provide the correct mud. Or could simply use stick on dry wall fabric tape and install the tile right over that.
read the instructions on all the products you come in touch with before advising anyone over the internet. Another fiberglas tape product is made for cement board. It costs more. It may be in a different aisle. It won't fall apart in an alkaline environment.

2nd, whatever the "correct mud" is that you meant, could be named here in this thread. Telling people that they will get everything in the store including the right advice from an aisle person, is not sharp. Millions of bad installs have resulted from aisle people saying whatever they thought would work.

Welcome to this forum

david

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks