Plastic tub overlay?

Users who are viewing this thread

erikthewarm

Reaction score
A handyman friend of mine knows my tub is rusted on the bottom edge. He heard something about a plastic tub and perhaps shower wall overlay that clicks into place, but he wasn't certain. Anyone hear about this or something similar?

RioHyde

Plumber
Reaction score
There are many companies out there doing "rebath" systems. That is, putting an acrylic overlay over the tub and walls. It's "pretty" but I've seen mold/mildew issues with these systems at times. Not ALL installations mind you, just some. Also, I dont care for the "squishy" feeling of the liner due to the silicone used to hold it in place. All that being said however, it usually is cheaper than a new tub/surround installation and there are times that money is an issue of course.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
tub

I have seen a lot of these which were professionally installed, and a large number of them where water got between the liner and the tub so you felt like you were walking on a water bed.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks