pressure tank question

Users who are viewing this thread

bnk26

Reaction score
I have a sears best captive air water tank, not sure how many gallons. On the tank itself it says for best performance the pre charge of air should be done with the tank completely empty. I currently have nothing attached to the opening on the bottom, but I can still hear water when I rock the tank, how do I get the last of the water out? where the line hooks in there is a plate bolted on do I remove this to get the water out?

R

Rancher

If this tank is not a new tank, the water you hear is probably from a busted bladder.

Rancher

bnk26

Reaction score
I don't know how old it is. It was here when the landlord bought the house 2 years ago. so anyone have any suggestions for a good tank that is as inexpensive as possible and that I can get fast, I want to set it up this weekend. I checked sears and they have a Simer 35 gal pre-charged one for $185. Would that one be any good?

Speedbump

Reaction score
Sears tanks are made by Sta-Rite usually. Sta-Rite is owned by Pentair and Simer is owned by ITT, odd that Sears would divide it's loyalty to Sta-Rite after all these years, but then Sta-Rite isn't Sta-Rite anymore since they and many others have been bought up.

Sta-Rite tanks in my opinion have always been a bad design. Why would they make the bladder replacable if it were a good bladder?

Anyway, if it has water above the bladder it is definately no good. If you want a good tank go with either Flexcon or Well-X-Trol.
bob...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks