Old style faucet replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

HammerSlammer

Reaction score
Are there replacements for this type of faucet. The sink was original to the house and is set up as a second sink in the laundy room. My wife likes it but i can't keep it from leaking without messing with the washers every 2 weeks. A replacement would be nice. Thanks for all the help on this site. HS

Attachments

• 100_0001 (Small).JPG
    100_0001 (Small).JPG
    22 KB · Views: 482

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
faucets

There are faucets like that in all price ranges, from the $40.00 imports, to $300.00 Dishmaster, or the single handle Delta model 500.

dishmaster.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

TonyKarns

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
tonysprofessionalremodeling.com
Ask

First thing you should do when you buy a faucet is to ask the retailer whether or not they stock replacement parts for what they sell and if they dont find out what the turn around time is for getting them. Sometimes buying products from overseas can be a nightmare of a wait time for any kind of replacement parts. Just because a faucet is new does not mean it always works! Example would be on the last Kohler faucet I purchased for $399.00 was defective and leaked at the stem. They wanted to send a replacement part for it which I refused and had them send me a complete faucet exchange which they gladly took care of.

tonysprofessionalremodeling.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
faucet

If you are responsible for the cost (labor) of repairing the defect, why would you want to spend time replacing the good parts when all you need is the replacement item

TonyKarns

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
tonysprofessionalremodeling.com
Point

Why would I want to spend any time replacing any parts on a new item? If one part is defective who knows what else will be wrong with it. Besides when the machining area that the O ring fits into is not machined properly its kind of hard to replace just the machined part

Last edited:

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
hammerslammer said:
Are there replacements for this type of faucet. The sink was original to the house and is set up as a second sink in the laundy room. My wife likes it but i can't keep it from leaking without messing with the washers every 2 weeks. A replacement would be nice. Thanks for all the help on this site. HS

Some old faucets need an extra thick washer. In that case, doubling up on the washers or using a beveled washer would help. Also, as someone suggested, try to replace the seats. Seats are either square or hex. Seat wrenches come tapered or "stepped".

Attachments

• beveled washer.jpg
    beveled washer.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 288
  • Seat Wrench.jpg
    Seat Wrench.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 286
Last edited:

HammerSlammer

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help. I got a nice T&S installed today and it looks and works great...
I'm embarrassed to say I did try a Home cheapo and had my first experience with bad thread. I wasted alot of time but they took it back all buggered up. They will probably repackage and put it back on the shelf. I did look at 3 others on the shelf that were repackaged and it looked like some other fellows had the same problems I did.

Anyway my T&S looks great and Momma is happy...:)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks