leaking shower

Users who are viewing this thread

Lynn

Reaction score
I have a shower that is leaking out underneath the fiberglass pan. Just a small amount. The walls are tile. I have had numerous people ( plumbers and tile people) look at it. Some think the plumbing is leaking. Some say it is the tile. My house is 17 years old. The shower is on the second floor ( no leakage in the ceiling down below). We can't see any leakage in the plumbing to the faucet. I am ready to pull the entire thing out and start from scratch. Any ideas? The problem started about 10 years ago. We just stopped using the shower, but now it is time to sell. I really hate to spend $2500 if I can solve the problem.

RioHyde

Plumber
Reaction score
If there's no leakage into the ceiling below I'm assuming you're seeing water on the floor of the bathroom. If this is the case I wouldnt think it would be the piping. Is there a shower door or is there just a curtain? Water could be escaping through either. Without seeing it firsthand its really hard to say though.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks