Mission Impossible: Table Saw

Users who are viewing this thread

Statjunk

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I recently returned the Ridgid Portable 10" table saw to HD. It is a great saw with one major exception. It's maximum depth cut is 3 1/8" I want a saw that has at least 3.5" depth cut at 0 degree/90 degree.

So does anyone know of a high quality portable table saw that has that depth of cut but also allows for fence rip in the 20" range? (ie an extendable table) That is portable or can be strapped to a portable stand like the Ridgid portable cart?

The budget is pretty open but I'd like to stay under $700.

Thanks

Tom

P.S. I like the Ryobi saw all except the fence. It is very poor in the quality department and causes differences of about 1/4" over a sheet of plywood. Does anyone know if there is another fence that I can mount on a Ryobi table saw?

PEW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Suspect you are going to have a problem finding a 10" which will cut 3.5 on a 45.

I do have the saw and am very pleased with it. I also had a 10" Ryobi which I gave away just to get rid of it! No comparison in quality.

Statjunk

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I don't need to cut 3.5" on a 45. I need to be able to do it on a 90 or 0.

Thanks

Tom

PEW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Sorry, meant to say 90, brain fart.

Statjunk

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Makita makes one that cuts up to 3 5/8". Except they don't have an expanding table so the largest fence guided rip you can make is about 12".

I need some ideas guys or I'm going to have to go buy the Ryobi.

Thanks

Tom

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Fine Homebuilding did a review on those awhile ago. Not sure if you can access it on-line without paying for it, but maybe. At least, you should be able to identify the issue, and maybe read it at the library.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks