Modify Kohler Memoirs toilet?

Users who are viewing this thread

LeeS

Reaction score
My Kohler "memoirs" toilet has alot of difficulty flushing- can I somehow modify this to a pressurized unit with the same tank and base?

memoirs-side-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Achutch

Reaction score
No you can't. The pressurized tank needs to be used with a specially designed bowl. Even if you could physically modify the tank, it would not work with the bowl that you have. I believe that the "Memoirs" uses the "Ingenium" system (and I've seen enough of that system to know that one would not last in my home for a month).

The one Memoirs toilet that I have actually seen in use was newly installed in my grandmother's house shortly before it was sold. I was told that it leaked through the flush valve upon installation. I also gave it a test flush and when I did, a huge bubble of air blew out of the jet and made a splash. I was not impressed.

The professionals here on this site might be able to suggest a replacement for the Memoirs that would look just as good and most importantly would work.

I am a consumer and have a small collection of antique toilets. I also know that the newer technologies in use today have made the new toilets work as well or better (and I have to say better because they use much less water) than the antiques. My one Toto Drake (which I bought based on recommendations from this site) is proof of that.

achutch

LeeS

Reaction score
achutch
thanks very much for the info- a new Toto it may be!:D

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks