Cleanouts Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Livin4Real

Reaction score
patrick88 said:
I would not do the shower drain like that. The way you did it takes it right out of code because it is a "S" trap. When you run water down that drain it will siphon dry.

Not trying to steal the thread but quick question. How much pipe do you have to have between the p trap and the next 90 to stay within code? An island sink comes to mind on this particular dilemma.

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
Livin4Real said:
Not trying to steal the thread but quick question. How much pipe do you have to have between the p trap and the next 90 to stay within code? An island sink comes to mind on this particular dilemma.
You need a vent with in 5' of the p trap for 1.5" drain line. Your question is "next 90" but is that 90 going horizontal or vertical? It's not a matter of 90's it is a matter of how close to the vent

abrahuang

Reaction score
I took down all the cast iron pipes today, besides, climbed into attic to have a Tee inserted into the vent pipe for any revents when needed. Tomorrow, Sunday, I am going to fit the pipes in then post a new thread with my venting questions. Thanks for many helps from this forum!

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
patrick88 said:
You need a vent with in 5' of the p trap for 1.5" drain line. Your question is "next 90" but is that 90 going horizontal or vertical? It's not a matter of 90's it is a matter of how close to the vent

Hang tight buddy...LOL...thats good here in MA, but not for UPC states.
We're lucky to have the X2+2 rule, most don't.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks