toilet flange question

Users who are viewing this thread

tilemom

Reaction score
12" or 13" OC to toilet flange??

How far from the wall should a toilet line be plumbed? ( I mean the rough in hole) 12"? 13"? where do I find that sort of info out? thanks!! I have seen both and, so, am curious.

Last edited:

tilemom

Reaction score
12" or 13" OC to toilet flange??

bump...Hey folks- someone please let me know where to find this info...pretty please.....

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
the standard in the USA is 12" from the center of the flange to the FINISHED wall (less baseboard trim). This is the most common offset, although manufacturers make toilets that will fit in both 10, and 14". Most toilets leave a space behind the toilet, so if you want it to actually sit against the wall, you'll need to pick the specific toilet and make it that much less (not recommended!). The default gap can range from zero to nearly an inch.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks