air bubbles in water

Users who are viewing this thread

bawdtc

Reaction score
I have air bubbles in my tap water. When you fill a glass with water it is very milky with air bubbles. After a few seconds the water clears. I have a well with a submerisable pump. I have bypassed my water conditioner so thats not the problem. I have verified the air pressure in my bladder storage tank. I have plenty of water pressure. I run my lawn irragation using the same well water and have no problems with pressure or volume. Any suggestions as to the cause of this?

Speedbump

Reaction score
That means that when the pump is off, the entire suction line is under a vacuum. So if there is a leak or leaks in that like it can easily fill with air. If there is a valve in the well, remove the one on the pump and maybe you can find the leak.

bob...

bawdtc

Reaction score
This is a submerisable pump and the check valve is at the pump. I am thinking that the pump is not low enough in the well and maybe the water table has dropped and the pump is sucking air.

Speedbump

Reaction score
Ok, I asked if the check valve was at the pump and you said yes. I must have missed the submersible pump part. Back to the drawing board.

If you have another check valve at the tank, that would cause the problem you are having. So could the low water level. However when you draw the water down to the pump, usually you run totally out of water for a second or possibly lots of minutes. So from your description, I don't think it's the water level. Check at the tank for another check valve.

bob...

bawdtc

Reaction score
Thanks for your help. I think i have only one check valve and its at the pump. I'll check for another one tonight.

Raucina

Reaction score
Many wells around here are foamy with or without valves or cavitation. A glass allowed to settle shows fine champagne bubbles all around the sides.

Dissolved gas in the water blasted out in the mulitple pump stages? I have always wanted a definitive answer.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks