Greenlee EMT Cutter

Users who are viewing this thread

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
jwelectric said:
I will not allow the tubing cutter to be used on my jobs. This cutter will indent the pipe and leave a very sharp ring on the inside of the pipe that will damage the conductors as they are being pulled through the pipe. No matter how hard you try to remove this ring on EMT it is all but impossible to remove so no damage will occur.
You were dead on, JW.

It only worked as advertised if you were cutting a long piece and scored it just perfectly. That was only about 25% of the cuts. I should have taken the $40.00 and invested it in a nicer hacksaw.:(

Now, it'll just be a spare copper tubing cutter.

On the bright side, I love my new Ideal EMT bender. :)

Alectrician

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Hack...saw???

Oh yeah...I remember those things.

I keep them to use in a pinch but generally cut everything with a sawsall these days.

A tubing cutter woun't leave a ridge if you don't cutt all the way thru. Go about 2/3 thru and snap it of. Sawzall is much quicker though.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks