(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TOTO Eco Drake HET Watersense toilet review and comments. EcoDrake

Is the water in the tank on the Eco Drake the same height as in the Drake; just curious if they had increased the head pressure?

Default Just ordered one

Right after I ordered one of these, I found that CUWCC had the Eco Drake series tested. At first I was bit concerned after seeing the test results. There is a bit of a spread in the MaP testing results. I ordered the standard height elongated which tested at 600grams while the ADA height tested at 900grams. After a bit of thinking, I figured that I am probably OK with this. My biggest concerns are with clogging and not so much worried about whether or not an extra flush will be needed. My guess as to the difference is that the added height of the ADA model provides a bit more siphon action inside the trapway.

When my order arrives I will be able to get rid of the last of my 1994 era builder grade Briggs 1.5l units. These first gen low flushers were really bad. Puny water spot and way to easy to clog.

Link to the MaP test results, see the section on the 1.28l flush models:
    http://www.cuwcc.org/toilet_fixtures/HET.pdf

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale Peanut9199's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by robleggett View Post
    Oh, Im in Canada and checked out getting it, they said its brand new and they should have it in about 2 weeks, but they want $399 and I see it in Terry's store for about $220, can believe the difference in price.
    Which toilet are you looking at Drake Eco Regular , Elongated or ADA?

If it's round front you should be paying around $245.00 plus taxes
    I'm in Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by robleggett View Post
    Hello everyone, new to the site. I cant believe how much research involved in getting a new toilet today, glad I found this site.

I have narrowed my search to this toilet, but no one has a review or comments on how good it is. Can anyone that has this let me know how is working, thanks.

Oh, Im in Canada and checked out getting it, they said its brand new and they should have it in about 2 weeks, but they want $399 and I see it in Terry's store for about $220, can believe the difference in price.
    Hi Rob,

I agree with Peanut on the price. If you haven't ordered or bought the toilet yet, let me know. I can give you a place in Bolton to call.

Unhappy

Hi guys
    also looking for someone in Canada (Winnipeg) with decent prices
    local price on a carlyle 1 pce in sedona beige is $766
    tried ordering online to a us address a carlyle 1 pce but that was nothing but a headache (ongoing, waiting for refund)
    background is ordered at $528 (sedona beige) and first toilet arrived with a strange mark in the glazing.
    online retailer sent out another but it too had marks (2" band of "fish eyes" along the top edge and also a small spot on top of the bowl section)
    now waiting for a return authorization for the second toilet.
    so after multiple trips through customs to a parcel service I still don't have a toilet.
    after researching here and on the net i thought toto was all about quality and I've been told by many this is very unusual but, I'm either the unluckiest guy or quality is slipping.

I'm looking for one in Calgary.. found a non-Eco Drake model (ADA) for $401.

I believe all ADA models are elongated.

Terry should start a Canadian section for this stuff, might prove useful for others.

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Terry should start a Canadian section for this stuff, might prove useful for others.
    With the Canadian dollar being worth more than the US dollar, I'm getting quite a few Canadians driving down and buying toilets from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lego View Post
    I'm looking for one in Calgary.. found a non-Eco Drake model (ADA) for $401.
    You're doing better than I am! Who did you check with? I'm waiting a call back on Monday from Bathrooms by Design as their catalog didn't even have the Eco-Drake, however, I'm not holding out any hope as the regular Drake was $550.

I have 4 toilets in my house to replace (from 13Lpf) and I cannot afford to pay "designer" prices for a HET toilet (I guess that's just the "It's Calgary - you must be doing well" tax in effect).

The American Standard Flo-Wise might be the only HET toilet to fit into my budget given the Toto pricing in Calgary and lack of other options!

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut9199 View Post
    Which toilet are you looking at Drake Eco Regular , Elongated or ADA?

If it's round front you should be paying around $245.00 plus taxes
    I'm in Ontario
    Is that wholesale or something? Calgary appears to be at least twice that price!

With the Canadian dollar being worth more than the US dollar, I'm getting quite a few Canadians driving down and buying toilets from me

Huh? U know sumptin I don't, last time i checked the canook $ was about .90, used to be .73 for the longest time. If we stop being the worlds police it will over take the euro We should look out for ourselves like our european neighbors, see no evil hear no evil blah blah blah

Retired Defense Industry Engineer jadnashua's Avatar

Looked up today's rates, and they are exactly on par. In the summer, it was worth more than the US dollar by a fair amount, then dropped, but is back up. NH is getting lots of Canadians here shopping.
    Jim DeBruycker
    Important note - I'm not a pro
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer; Schluter 2.5-day Workshop Completed 2013, 2014

Damn WTF , I'm moving to France with Johnny Depp, LOL...

Sorry, I was off by a bit on that toilet.

I picked up the Eco Drake from Frontier Plumbing (403-259-6671) yesterday, it came out to $401 for the bowl and tank. Seat and taxes were extra.

I got the Elongated ADA model of the Eco Drake. I haven't installed it yet, as the rough-in ring cracked when I took out the old toilet.

Unfortunately, I'm too far to drive down to where you are, Terry - otherwise I woulda done it.

So to all of you who have used the Eco Drake, can you please comment on how well it gets rid of the waste, how likely it is to clog, and how likely staining is with the smaller water spot?

I love the idea of this toilet, but I'm nervous!

Thanks!

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by tipk99 View Post
    So to all of you who have used the Eco Drake, can you please comment on how well it gets rid of the waste, how likely it is to clog, and how likely staining is with the smaller water spot?
    I have had my Eco Drake elongated in for a little over two weeks. Also, I have a regular Drake round front which I can use for comparison. Since I have two different bowl shapes (round vs. elongated) it is a bit difficult to make a direct comparison to certain aspects.

Clogging: I would not expect it to be any more prone to clogging than the 1.6g flush version. The trap shape and size is very similar if not the same between the Eco and non-Eco versions.

Water spot: I can't make a direct comparison, but I suspect there is no difference in the size of the water spot between Eco and non-Eco versions of the Drake. Did somewhere state that it has a smaller water spot? I would rate the size of the water spot as acceptable. I'll have to go take a better look at my two Drakes, but I do not think the water spot shrunk any with the Eco version. Actually, I think the spot is larger both width and length on the elongated Eco Drake than the round non-Eco Drake. Less water per flush means that there will be less bowl wash. The only time we had a mark that persisted in the round Drake for any more than a few flushes was one at the rear of the bowl which get very little wash.

Clearing the bowl: Too early for me to give a full comment on this and I have not run any intentional tests to test the limits. I have not had any trouble with bowl clearing under normal use and I do not hold the handle for extra water. One thing I noticed is that the flushing stops so quickly after the waste exits the bowl you almost expect to see something significant return when some of the water washes back from the trapway. I have seen a few small bits of waste return on one occasion, but my old Briggs 1.5g would do the same thing. I do not use the non-Eco Drake with any regularity and do not know if the same would occur with it.

The Eco is in the master bath and hasn't gone through the test of my kids and the extra TP that they use at times. So far, I have no complaints and this is much better than the toilet that it replaced.