Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
ecodrake_insidetank.jpg

There is no reason to change tank design.
One thing that determines how well the water drops, is the height.
They did change the flush valve flapper to release less water.
They also have a new part number on the bowl.
I will be interested to see why they changed the bowl numbering and how it's changed.

There is a certain part of my business that is helping consumers buy green products.

I also have the one-piece Ultramax's in the E-Max flush.
ecodrake_supply.jpg

Tank to bowl

ecodrake_top.jpg

From the top

WaterSense HET

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
WIth a high mounted tank (in the wall or high on it), you could probably get a good flush with even less water...as said, the height of the water is used to help generate the push.

attachment.php

E-Max flapper THU277S

Last edited by a moderator:

Vikingham

Reaction score
I actually spoke to a toilet engineer at Eljer recently, and he said they keep the tanks the same size for two reasons: extra height to get more water pressure, and also that if they made the tanks just big enough, they'd look really funny (on our Drake, only about half the water in the tank actually gets used when you flush). And, as Terry noted, in this instance there's no need to redesign the tank anyway.

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
I can't see any physical difference from the normal bowl.
They are tested for more than 350 instead of the normal 250 map test.
I can see a new fill valve and the flapper has a extra float i'm sure to close the flapper even faster than the normal G-max flapper.
E-tech.JPG

calypsoe

Reaction score
Great Toilet

I have a home, built in 1979, with old 3 gpf toilets, went to the Depot, they suggested a Kohler Cimmaron. Didn't install it, so it sat in my garage, but one day needed a plumber for a gas leak. He saw the toilet and told me to return it and buy the Toto Drake. I just installed it and man I owe him a great deal of thanks, this is a great toilet!!

Terry said:
I now have the new Eco Drake by TOTO in the Seattle area
They use 1.28 GPF to flush.
E-Max Flushing System (1.28GPF / 4.8 LPF)</U>
They come in Cotton White in
Regular
Elongated
ADA height elongated

http://terrylove.biz/home/84-toto-drake-toilet.html

malpower

Reaction score
Hi Terry!

I have been using your website in recent weeks to help me research and then go check out various toilets -- it's been a great help and I'm very happy I stumbled across it!

I'm ashamed to say that in the 27 years I've lived here I've not yet had any low flow toilets put into the house. So, while I am anxious for obvious water saving reasons to have low flow toilets put in, I also am considering the fact that I'll be selling my house in a year or two -- so, while I want to upgrade to a nice HET toilet, I don't want to buy anything too high in price, especially since I'm going to be having two new toilets put in. (I will wait until I move to my next house to put more money into something like the Ultramax ADA toilet -- for now we've got 3-1/2 inch risers, Toilevators, installed under the standard toilets).

Just today the plumbing guy at one of the local plumbing and building supply places told me that the Drake would be my best option and he said they were getting the new model CST744E #01 in a couple of days. What are the differences between this and the CST744S I was considering? I'm very new to the subject of toilets, but if the E stands for Eco, what exactly does that mean? Am I correct in thinking there's a lower amount of water used, and, if so, what will that mean, e.g., cleaning out the bowl?

The price is pretty good for the new Drake E model and I've heard that our local water district will be adding this toilet to their rebate list (up until now the only Toto they have given rebates on is the Aquia).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I'm somewhat confused! :confused: I'd love to order something in the next week and have my handyman install them sometime soon --- Oh, and a question for his benefit: are these fairly easy to install or is there anything tricky about them??

Thanks so much!

mike95060

Reaction score
My Eco Drake Installed

My Eco Drake is installed and since I can’t really compare it with anything (it replaced a 1951 American Standard model) I will just give my initial impressions.

It is an ADA height elongated and initially seems a little high. I think I might appreciate the height as I edge into my 70s and perhaps 80s. I got a non-Toto “regular†seat, not SoftClose, because I was told some people consider them more uncomfortable.

It has a reasonable amount of water in the bowl, is VERY quick flushing, and seems thorough. The tank refills very quickly. I consider the flush quiet. The plumber, who had installed Drakes but not Eco Drakes, had no issues.

At this point I can’t imagine what could be better.

malpower

Reaction score
Toto Drake Eco

Hi Mike!

Thanks so much for the feedback! I'm still waiting for plumbing companies to get the toilets in around here so we can buy them -- and also for the water company to come out with a new list -- I gather the Drake Eco gets a rebate but there's none on the regular Drake. I was also told by a saleman in the store that the Drake Eco is dual flush -- is that true? I didn't think it was.

You must have bought the ADA model, yes? In my book, tall is good! :) I'm only 65 (only?) but my knees are shot, and with the riser we put under the current Kohler toilets in the house, they raise them about 3-1/2 inches and that is just fabulous -- almost like sitting in a chair at the table! I bet that one day you'll be grateful for the taller toilet!

I'm glad to hear the Drake Eco works well, you're happy with it, and there's no trick to installing it either. Thanks again.

Kerry

mike95060

Reaction score
New TOTO Eco Drake toilet

Hi Kerry,
I’ve only had it a few days so all I can say is so far so good. You’re right that the Eco Drake is not a dual flush.
It sounds like the salesman you talked to was a little sketchy on the facts if he told you it was a dual flush. You might check with other stores in your area. I am in Santa Cruz and I would imagine that stores in your area get the Eco Drake from the same supplier as Santa Cruz stores. They have been available here for over a month.
The Eco Drake is not listed yet for the highest rebate by my water company either.

Last edited:

malpower

Reaction score
New TOTO Eco Drake toilet

Hi again Mike!

San Jose seems to be waaay ahead of Marin County with the Drake Ecos! I've checked with most of the stores carrying toilets and some don't know about it, some that do say it's a special order (very expensive too), and the two stores that know the most haven't got the toilet in yet but "maybe soon"! All salesmen are sketchy about it at best! Both stores expecting it in some time tell me the Eco's going to be added to the water district's list and I heard today that would be at the beginning of the year, and one will be allowed to apply retroactively for rebates since the cut off deadline with the water company is 12/31/07 for rebates. Arrrrgh! Perhaps your water company will do the same.

Guess we'll take the plunge once we can find the toilets and get two of them. They sound good and I feel guilty now everytime I flush my old Kohlers! :D

waters96

Reaction score
There is no reason to change tank design.
One thing that determines how well the water drops, is the height.
They did change the flush valve flapper to release less water.
They also have a new part number on the bowl.
I will be interested to see why they changed the bowl numbering and how it's changed.

There is a certain part of my business that is helping consumers buy green products.

I also have the one-piece Ultramax's in the E-Max flush.

So, what is your opinion about the quality of the EcoUltramax and the EcoDrake as it compares to the non-Eco versions.

robleggett

Reaction score
Eco Drake

Hello everyone, new to the site. I cant believe how much research involved in getting a new toilet today, glad I found this site.

I have narrowed my search to this toilet, but no one has a review or comments on how good it is. Can anyone that has this let me know how is working, thanks.

Oh, Im in Canada and checked out getting it, they said its brand new and they should have it in about 2 weeks, but they want $399 and I see it in Terry's store for about $220, can believe the difference in price.

SamC

Reaction score
Is the water in the tank on the Eco Drake the same height as in the Drake; just curious if they had increased the head pressure?

CarlH

Reaction score
Just ordered one

Right after I ordered one of these, I found that they had the Eco Drake series tested. At first I was bit concerned after seeing the test results. There is a bit of a spread in the MaP testing results. I ordered the standard height elongated which tested at 600grams while the ADA height tested at 900grams. After a bit of thinking, I figured that I am probably OK with this. My biggest concerns are with clogging and not so much worried about whether or not an extra flush will be needed. My guess as to the difference is that the added height of the ADA model provides a bit more siphon action inside the trapway.

When my order arrives I will be able to get rid of the last of my 1994 era builder grade Briggs 1.5l units. These first gen low flushers were really bad. Puny water spot and way to easy to clog.

Link to the MaP test results, see the section on the 1.28l flush models:

https://www.map-testing.com/

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
Oh, Im in Canada and checked out getting it, they said its brand new and they should have it in about 2 weeks, but they want $399 and I see it in Terry's store for about $220, can believe the difference in price.

Which toilet are you looking at Drake Eco Regular , Elongated or ADA?

If it's round front you should be paying around $245.00 plus taxes
I'm in Ontario

hotsauce

Reaction score
Hello everyone, new to the site. I cant believe how much research involved in getting a new toilet today, glad I found this site.

I have narrowed my search to this toilet, but no one has a review or comments on how good it is. Can anyone that has this let me know how is working, thanks.

Hi Rob,

I agree with Peanut on the price. If you haven't ordered or bought the toilet yet, let me know. I can give you a place in Bolton to call.

jcg1545

Reaction score
Hi guys
also looking for someone in Canada (Winnipeg) with decent prices
local price on a carlyle 1 pce in sedona beige is $766
tried ordering online to a us address a carlyle 1 pce but that was nothing but a headache (ongoing, waiting for refund)
background is ordered at $528 (sedona beige) and first toilet arrived with a strange mark in the glazing.
online retailer sent out another but it too had marks (2" band of "fish eyes" along the top edge and also a small spot on top of the bowl section)
now waiting for a return authorization for the second toilet.
so after multiple trips through customs to a parcel service I still don't have a toilet.
after researching here and on the net i thought toto was all about quality and I've been told by many this is very unusual but, I'm either the unluckiest guy or quality is slipping.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks