(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: TOTO Eco Drake HET Watersense toilet review and comments. EcoDrake

Comments by readers Reader Review's Avatar
    Emails and phone calls sent in by readers

I will push for a new type altogether.
    And that may be best.
    Since 1992, which is sixteen years ago, they have only sold toilets that use 1.6 gallon toilets or less.
    If you replaced a 3.5 for 5.0 gallon toilet from an older home, then you will notice that more cleaning needs to be done.
    These reviews are based on "NEW" toilets, not the old ones.
    That phone call to the TV station should have been made in 1992 when the law changed.
    If you want to flush with more water, it's fairly simple though, hold the handle down. It will drain the entire tank.
    Cool huh, I know that sounds obvious, but I like to point out simple things like that to some people.
    Last edited by Reader Review; 06-10-2008 at 10:21 AM.

Comments by readers Reader Review's Avatar
    Emails and phone calls sent in by readers

Like many people here, have been happy with my choice of Toto - the largest toilet manufacturer in the entire world.
    Jadnashua

Flawless product, installation, and operation.

Mikey
    Last edited by Terry; 06-24-2008 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reader Review View Post
    Unfortunately I have become way too familiar with the term “skid marks”.
    I have the same "skid mark" problem and I consider it a real negative. When I bought the toilet I was advised by the salesperson at the plumbing supply store to buy a "regular" seat, rather than the TOTO seat, for more comfort.

Does the TOTO seat move one forward more than a "regular" seat and lessen the "skid mark" problem? I don't think my problem is the less water that an Eco uses, so perhaps this could be answered by anyone who has experience with the Drake.

I have had my toilet since October and otherwise my enthusiastic comments earlier in this discussion still apply. There has never been a problem flushing. I have totally adjusted to the ADA height.

Toto SoftClose seat
    Last edited by Terry; 01-25-2009 at 02:18 PM.

I installed 2 Eco Drakes at my mother-in-law's house about 7 months ago, and I realized I had not weighed-in on them here on the boards.

I won't belabor the point, but just wanted to say that they're excellent in every way -- quiet, fast, NEVER clog, excellent quality. I prefer the Aquia II for the dual-flush and overall look, but if you want a more traditional-looking toilet, this is an excellent choice. Don't bother with American Standard, just buy a Toto -- and get the SoftClose seat, they are wonderful. I just bought a new house with a Glacier Bay and some unknown ancient toilet and it sets my teeth on-edge whenever I let go of the seat and it crashes down. They'll be on the curb in a few weeks once my Aquia II's arrive . . .