They use 1.28 GPF to flush.
    E-Max Flushing System (1.28GPF / 4.8 LPF)</U>
    They come in Cotton White in
    Regular
    Elongated
    ADA height elongated
    EcoDrake

Eco Drake in the Seattle and Los Angeles area
    Last edited by Terry; 03-30-2009 at 02:52 PM.

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There is no reason to change tank design.
    One thing that determines how well the water drops, is the height.
    They did change the flush valve flapper to release less water.
    They also have a new part number on the bowl.
    I will be interested to see why they changed the bowl numbering and how it's changed.

There is a certain part of my business that is helping consumers buy green products.

I also have the one-piece Ultramax's in the E-Max flush.

Tank to bowl

From the top

WaterSense HET
    Last edited by Terry; 03-06-2008 at 05:28 PM.

Retired Defense Industry Engineer jadnashua's Avatar

WIth a high mounted tank (in the wall or high on it), you could probably get a good flush with even less water...as said, the height of the water is used to help generate the push.

E-Max flapper THU277S
    Last edited by Terry; 03-30-2009 at 02:52 PM.
    Jim DeBruycker
    Important note - I'm not a pro
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer; Schluter 2.5-day Workshop Completed 2013, 2014

Good job Toto..

I actually spoke to a toilet engineer at Eljer recently, and he said they keep the tanks the same size for two reasons: extra height to get more water pressure, and also that if they made the tanks just big enough, they'd look really funny (on our Drake, only about half the water in the tank actually gets used when you flush). And, as Terry noted, in this instance there's no need to redesign the tank anyway.

Terry,

Have you figured out what's different about the bowl?

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale Peanut9199's Avatar

I can't see any physical difference from the normal bowl.
    They are tested for more than 350 instead of the normal 250 map test.
    I can see a new fill valve and the flapper has a extra float i'm sure to close the flapper even faster than the normal G-max flapper.
    Name:  E-tech.JPG
Views: 18232
Size:  19.7 KB

Thumbs up Great Toilet

I have a home, built in 1979, with old 3 gpf toilets, went to the Depot, they suggested a Kohler Cimmaron. Didn't install it, so it sat in my garage, but one day needed a plumber for a gas leak. He saw the toilet and told me to return it and buy the Toto Drake. I just installed it and man I owe him a great deal of thanks, this is a great toilet!!

Quote Originally Posted by Terry

I now have the new Eco Drake by TOTO in the Seattle area
    They use 1.28 GPF to flush.
    E-Max Flushing System (1.28GPF / 4.8 LPF)</U>
    They come in Cotton White in
    Regular
    Elongated
    ADA height elongated

http://www.easycarts.net/ecarts/terr...s.html#CST744E
    Last edited by Terry; 01-25-2009 at 02:17 PM.

Hi Terry!

I have been using your website in recent weeks to help me research and then go check out various toilets -- it's been a great help and I'm very happy I stumbled across it!

I'm ashamed to say that in the 27 years I've lived here I've not yet had any low flow toilets put into the house. So, while I am anxious for obvious water saving reasons to have low flow toilets put in, I also am considering the fact that I'll be selling my house in a year or two -- so, while I want to upgrade to a nice HET toilet, I don't want to buy anything too high in price, especially since I'm going to be having two new toilets put in. (I will wait until I move to my next house to put more money into something like the Ultramax ADA toilet -- for now we've got 3-1/2 inch risers, Toilevators, installed under the standard toilets).

Just today the plumbing guy at one of the local plumbing and building supply places told me that the Drake would be my best option and he said they were getting the new model CST744E #01 in a couple of days. What are the differences between this and the CST744S I was considering? I'm very new to the subject of toilets, but if the E stands for Eco, what exactly does that mean? Am I correct in thinking there's a lower amount of water used, and, if so, what will that mean, e.g., cleaning out the bowl?

The price is pretty good for the new Drake E model and I've heard that our local water district will be adding this toilet to their rebate list (up until now the only Toto they have given rebates on is the Aquia).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I'm somewhat confused! I'd love to order something in the next week and have my handyman install them sometime soon --- Oh, and a question for his benefit: are these fairly easy to install or is there anything tricky about them??

Thanks so much!
    Kerry Davis
    Kentfield, CA

Default My Eco Drake Installed

My Eco Drake is installed and since I can’t really compare it with anything (it replaced a 1951 American Standard model) I will just give my initial impressions.

It is an ADA height elongated and initially seems a little high. I think I might appreciate the height as I edge into my 70s and perhaps 80s. I got a non-Toto “regular” seat, not SoftClose, because I was told some people consider them more uncomfortable.

It has a reasonable amount of water in the bowl, is VERY quick flushing, and seems thorough. The tank refills very quickly. I consider the flush quiet. The plumber, who had installed Drakes but not Eco Drakes, had no issues.

At this point I can’t imagine what could be better.

Default Toto Drake Eco

Hi Mike!

Thanks so much for the feedback! I'm still waiting for plumbing companies to get the toilets in around here so we can buy them -- and also for the water company to come out with a new list -- I gather the Drake Eco gets a rebate but there's none on the regular Drake. I was also told by a saleman in the store that the Drake Eco is dual flush -- is that true? I didn't think it was.

You must have bought the ADA model, yes? In my book, tall is good! I'm only 65 (only?) but my knees are shot, and with the riser we put under the current Kohler toilets in the house, they raise them about 3-1/2 inches and that is just fabulous -- almost like sitting in a chair at the table! I bet that one day you'll be grateful for the taller toilet!

I'm glad to hear the Drake Eco works well, you're happy with it, and there's no trick to installing it either. Thanks again.

Kerry
    Kerry Davis
    Kentfield, CA

Default New TOTO Eco Drake toilet

Hi Kerry,
    I’ve only had it a few days so all I can say is so far so good. You’re right that the Eco Drake is not a dual flush.
    It sounds like the salesman you talked to was a little sketchy on the facts if he told you it was a dual flush. You might check with other stores in your area. I am in Santa Cruz and I would imagine that stores in your area get the Eco Drake from the same supplier as Santa Cruz stores. They have been available here for over a month.
    The Eco Drake is not listed yet for the highest rebate by my water company either.
    Last edited by mike95060; 10-06-2007 at 03:22 PM.

Default New TOTO Eco Drake toilet

Hi again Mike!

San Jose seems to be waaay ahead of Marin County with the Drake Ecos! I've checked with most of the stores carrying toilets and some don't know about it, some that do say it's a special order (very expensive too), and the two stores that know the most haven't got the toilet in yet but "maybe soon"! All salesmen are sketchy about it at best! Both stores expecting it in some time tell me the Eco's going to be added to the water district's list and I heard today that would be at the beginning of the year, and one will be allowed to apply retroactively for rebates since the cut off deadline with the water company is 12/31/07 for rebates. Arrrrgh! Perhaps your water company will do the same.

Guess we'll take the plunge once we can find the toilets and get two of them. They sound good and I feel guilty now everytime I flush my old Kohlers!
    Kerry Davis
    Kentfield, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    There is no reason to change tank design.
    One thing that determines how well the water drops, is the height.
    They did change the flush valve flapper to release less water.
    They also have a new part number on the bowl.
    I will be interested to see why they changed the bowl numbering and how it's changed.

There is a certain part of my business that is helping consumers buy green products.

I also have the one-piece Ultramax's in the E-Max flush.
    So, what is your opinion about the quality of the EcoUltramax and the EcoDrake as it compares to the non-Eco versions.

Default Eco Drake

Hello everyone, new to the site. I cant believe how much research involved in getting a new toilet today, glad I found this site.

I have narrowed my search to this toilet, but no one has a review or comments on how good it is. Can anyone that has this let me know how is working, thanks.

Oh, Im in Canada and checked out getting it, they said its brand new and they should have it in about 2 weeks, but they want $399 and I see it in Terry's store for about $220, can believe the difference in price.