They use 1.28 GPF to flush.
    E-Max Flushing System (1.28GPF / 4.8 LPF)</U>
    They come in Cotton White in
    Regular
    Elongated
    ADA height elongated
    EcoDrake

Eco Drake in the Seattle and Los Angeles area
    Last edited by Terry; 03-30-2009 at 02:52 PM.

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There is no reason to change tank design.
    One thing that determines how well the water drops, is the height.
    They did change the flush valve flapper to release less water.
    They also have a new part number on the bowl.
    I will be interested to see why they changed the bowl numbering and how it's changed.

There is a certain part of my business that is helping consumers buy green products.

I also have the one-piece Ultramax's in the E-Max flush.

Tank to bowl

From the top

WaterSense HET
    Last edited by Terry; 03-06-2008 at 05:28 PM.

Terry,

Have you figured out what's different about the bowl?

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale Peanut9199's Avatar

I can't see any physical difference from the normal bowl.
    They are tested for more than 350 instead of the normal 250 map test.
    I can see a new fill valve and the flapper has a extra float i'm sure to close the flapper even faster than the normal G-max flapper.
    Name:  E-tech.JPG
Views: 18215
Size:  19.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    There is no reason to change tank design.
    One thing that determines how well the water drops, is the height.
    They did change the flush valve flapper to release less water.
    They also have a new part number on the bowl.
    I will be interested to see why they changed the bowl numbering and how it's changed.

There is a certain part of my business that is helping consumers buy green products.

I also have the one-piece Ultramax's in the E-Max flush.
    So, what is your opinion about the quality of the EcoUltramax and the EcoDrake as it compares to the non-Eco versions.

Default Eco Drake

Hello everyone, new to the site. I cant believe how much research involved in getting a new toilet today, glad I found this site.

I have narrowed my search to this toilet, but no one has a review or comments on how good it is. Can anyone that has this let me know how is working, thanks.

Oh, Im in Canada and checked out getting it, they said its brand new and they should have it in about 2 weeks, but they want $399 and I see it in Terry's store for about $220, can believe the difference in price.

Is the water in the tank on the Eco Drake the same height as in the Drake; just curious if they had increased the head pressure?

Default Just ordered one

Right after I ordered one of these, I found that CUWCC had the Eco Drake series tested. At first I was bit concerned after seeing the test results. There is a bit of a spread in the MaP testing results. I ordered the standard height elongated which tested at 600grams while the ADA height tested at 900grams. After a bit of thinking, I figured that I am probably OK with this. My biggest concerns are with clogging and not so much worried about whether or not an extra flush will be needed. My guess as to the difference is that the added height of the ADA model provides a bit more siphon action inside the trapway.

When my order arrives I will be able to get rid of the last of my 1994 era builder grade Briggs 1.5l units. These first gen low flushers were really bad. Puny water spot and way to easy to clog.

Link to the MaP test results, see the section on the 1.28l flush models:
    http://www.cuwcc.org/toilet_fixtures/HET.pdf

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale Peanut9199's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by robleggett View Post
    Oh, Im in Canada and checked out getting it, they said its brand new and they should have it in about 2 weeks, but they want $399 and I see it in Terry's store for about $220, can believe the difference in price.
    Which toilet are you looking at Drake Eco Regular , Elongated or ADA?

If it's round front you should be paying around $245.00 plus taxes
    I'm in Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut9199 View Post
    Which toilet are you looking at Drake Eco Regular , Elongated or ADA?

If it's round front you should be paying around $245.00 plus taxes
    I'm in Ontario
    Is that wholesale or something? Calgary appears to be at least twice that price!

Hello everyone, new to the site. I cant believe how much research involved in getting a new toilet today, glad I found this site.

I have narrowed my search to this toilet, but no one has a review or comments on how good it is. Can anyone that has this let me know how is working, thanks.

Hi Rob,

I agree with Peanut on the price. If you haven't ordered or bought the toilet yet, let me know. I can give you a place in Bolton to call.

Unhappy

Hi guys
    also looking for someone in Canada (Winnipeg) with decent prices
    local price on a carlyle 1 pce in sedona beige is $766
    tried ordering online to a us address a carlyle 1 pce but that was nothing but a headache (ongoing, waiting for refund)
    background is ordered at $528 (sedona beige) and first toilet arrived with a strange mark in the glazing.
    online retailer sent out another but it too had marks (2" band of "fish eyes" along the top edge and also a small spot on top of the bowl section)
    now waiting for a return authorization for the second toilet.
    so after multiple trips through customs to a parcel service I still don't have a toilet.
    after researching here and on the net i thought toto was all about quality and I've been told by many this is very unusual but, I'm either the unluckiest guy or quality is slipping.

Default Drake Eco

I'm not in Canada but northern California but thought I'd make some comments to your posting!

I FINALLY replaced two old (one pre-1980 and one from 1985) water guzzlers. I had been waiting until the water district here in Marin County put the Drake Eco on its rebate list (will only give rebates on the Drake Eco and the Aquia) and they finally made the list recently.

The price here was $256 for the EcoDrake EL and $48 for the soft close seats - we figured that was a pretty standard price and grabbed two. I gather that they can't keep them in stock for very long -- they tell me they've been very popular.

I couldn't be happier with mine -- what a difference from the old ones. Flush is really fast and quiet compared to the old ones too -- startlingly quick. I was worried about so little water to whoosh things away but absolutely no problems there either. Maybe it's just that they're the EL models and my old toilets were all Round, but the Toto seems to be a bit larger and stands out more, especially in my smaller bathroom. But that's really OK and just something to get used to. My friend who installed them had no problems whatsoever and he got them both in and others hauled away in just a couple of hours.

I never thought I'd be having a conversation about toilets and do so much research on them -- but I'm really pleased with these and think I made a great decision. Lots of the credit for that decision goes to Terry, his website and the forums. Thanks!

Kerry
    Kerry Davis
    Kentfield, CA

Retired Defense Industry Engineer jadnashua's Avatar

WIth a high mounted tank (in the wall or high on it), you could probably get a good flush with even less water...as said, the height of the water is used to help generate the push.

E-Max flapper THU277S
    Last edited by Terry; 03-30-2009 at 02:52 PM.
    Jim DeBruycker
    Important note - I'm not a pro
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer; Schluter 2.5-day Workshop Completed 2013, 2014

Good job Toto..