GU10 type bulb dimmer

Users who are viewing this thread

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score

frenchelectrican

Electrician
Reaction score
The other thing about the GU-10 bulb type that come in line voltage and low voltage but here a catch i am sure most will know this but i will remind again with low votlage system make sure you have the right low voltage dimmer they come in magantic and electronic verison.

just a head up with this.

Merci, Marc

Ddagsyn

Reaction score
thank you guys. One more question if the light I need to dim is on a 3 way switch which end can I connect a dimmer to?

Thanks

Spaceman Spiff

Architect
Reaction score
They do make three-way dimmers.

And, given the right budget and equipment, almost any lamp can be dimmed. This includes arc lamps and flourescent lamps. Flourescent lamp dimmers can now get down to 10%. It's pretty cool to see a 4' tube just barely glowing...

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
In a 3-way, be sure to get a dimmer designed as a 3 way. Otherwise, one the other switch wil just give you on/off/.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks