Bradford white question

Users who are viewing this thread

Stbentoak

Reaction score
I have a 40 gal nat gas BW heater that is appx 2 yrs old. Recently it seems like the thermostat on the unit only works appx 50 % of the time. It is set on the median suggested mark and once or twice a week it will run out of hot water and the unit will not call for heat to keep it warm. If i turn it up towards really hot it will fire and heat the tank and shut off like normal and then maybe work a day or so normally.
It there something that needs to be cleaned / adjusted or replaced that makes sense? Some kind of sensor?
It is in a relatively clean environment in a basement,(Some minor pet hair etc) but nothing crazy. I would appreciate any help/ suggestions.

Thanks
Stbentoak:)

Cookie

Reaction score
As long as this is not a power vent heater it is likely that the thermostat is going bad. You will probably have to replace the thermostat/gas valve. That should take care of the problem.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks