Kohler Villager vs. TOTO FBY1525 Tubs

Users who are viewing this thread

dzn465

Reaction score
I am remodeling a second bathroom in my home and have finally narrowed down my bathtub choice to the following cast iron choices:

Kohler Villager: 60"x30"x14" about $350
TOTO FBY1525: 60x32x16-5/16" about $600

The tub will only occasionally be used for bathing but rather will have a glass by-pass door and be used for showering.

Does anyone have a preference between the two quality wise?

What about the tub height.....Does slightly over 16" make getting in and out for showering on a regular basis difficult?

Do either of these choices affect potential resale?

Btw...this is the only tub in the house!!

If anyone has experience feel free to comment.

I have already decided on a TOTO Ultramaxx toilet.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
My tub has a 19" lip, and then has the bottom track of maybe an inch for the glass doors. I'm tall, so it isn't a problem for me to get in and out. I've not had complaints from guests, but never really asked, either.

Set up something to hold say a 2x4 at the desired height and try stepping over it.

Bosun

Reaction score
Tubs

I like both tubs--the Toto is a great all-around size--you can actually bathe in it! The Villager is a nice tub for showering because the lip is low. But overall I think it is limiting. My vote for the more expensive Toto, which is still an affordable option for a CI tub. Think about how much you are spending to get this thing in there... It will be there for a long time, right?

Nate R

Reaction score
Dunno, I'd rather not have the Villager even for occasional bathing. I grew up with a villager and never liked the lack of water height when using it as a bath.

Our tub now is 16". My wife is about 5'1", and has no problem with the 16 stepping out of the shower.

So I think the Toto would be the way I'd go, too.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks