lavatory faucet for tub filler???

Users who are viewing this thread

Chris Fox

Reaction score
I am installing a freestanding bathub and looking at the idea of using a wall mounted lav. faucet for filling the tub. The faucet is larger in scale compared to others(see pic). Danze offers roman tub filler but dosent work with a freestanding tub.
My main concerns is GPM, my understanding is tubs dont regulate water flow, right? Where as faucets do.

thanks
Chris

Attachments

• D315158BNT_md.jpg
    D315158BNT_md.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 279

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You'd likely only get a little over 2gpm out of a sink faucet...bite the bullet and pay for one designed as a tub filler.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
valve

They both turn in the same direction if it has round handles, and even then many manufacturers do not do it so they can send out one valve for both round and lever handles. That wall mount lavatory faucet has a 3/8". or smaller, pipe for the spout, so you might take forever to fill the tub.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I installed a Italian tub faucet that had been spec'ed out by the architect.
The tube going to the tub spout was 1/4" OD tubing.
I warned the homeowner that it would take forever to fill.
He got pretty angry with me.

A month later, he called the shop saying the plumber must have made a mistake, the tub took forever to fill.
I had the last laugh on that one. Yeah, it did take forever.
He should have been thanking the architect for that one.

If you want to fill a tub, make sure you get a tub faucet.
Lav faucets by law use less than 2 gallons a minute.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks