Low Water Pressure in BathTub

Users who are viewing this thread

Jwenner

Reaction score
My bathtub/shower no longer has good water pressure, water comes out very slowly. I have good water pressure in my other shower and other sinks. I have changed gaskets and checked valves but have not noticed anything visible. I didn't find any visible leaks. Could the h & c valves be the problem and need replacement? The house is 25 years old. I would appreciate any help.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Some of the valves have an input screen to trap crud...yours could be clogged. A showerhead can easily get lime or calcium deposits and not work well. If you take the showerhead off, is the flow strong? The showerhead also may have a screen on its input, usually visible after you take it off. Sometimes, when they get old, the washers in the control valve swell up and start to break up and this can make it hard to turn the water off, and restrict the flow. A little detective work should isolate it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks