Does a 66" x 30" acrylic tub exist?

Users who are viewing this thread

paule123

Reaction score
I am helping a friend remodel her bathroom. We have gutted to the studs and have a rough clearance of 67" x 31". We can probably go 32" wide if we notch into the bathroom door jamb casing.
I like the Sterling acrylic tubs but they only seem to make them in 60" x 30" size. Kohler has a cast iron 66" x 32", but it costs around $900 and we'd have to haul the 400 lb. beast up to the second floor!
Are there any other suggestions?
Thanks.

MarkSimms

Reaction score
good luck....

The 5.5 "form-factor" tub is uncommon.
Tubs are usually 60" or 72".
I am installing a 66" whirlpool tub from American Standard....
but it is 36" wide.
BUT !!!: There are literally dozens of vendors to choose from:
WaterTech
American Standard
Jason
Aquatic
Neptune
I would be surprised that you would not find the exact size you are looking for !
Check out:
http://www.dougstubs.com

Kavita

Reaction score
Maax Villa CASA

here's a link to the Maax Villa line, CASA model, tub. comes in a 32" x 66" - don't know if you have an extra 2" width - thought i'd offer it anyway.

http://www.maax.com/en/products/ProductInfo.aspx?CodeCategory=B&Brand=8&ProductType=1&Product=147

it's available through your plumber, if s/he can order that line.

it's acrylic, and one of the highest volume tubs available in this size.

as you'll see, it's a whirlpool tub that MAAX also makes as a soaker.

researched this endlessly for my own purposes ... i'm getting the 36" Maax Aker version of the same tub.

best wishes ...

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
66x30

To understand why you will not find what you are looking for, you have to know the history of the 30" tub. In the 50's 60"x28"x14" high tubs were the standard in the popular "bungalow" home. The 'regular" tubs were 32" wide and 15" deep, by five, five and a half, and six feet long. Then FHA mandated that 30" be the narrowest tub they would approve, so the 28" tub went the way of the dodo bird, and 60x30x14 became the minimum, and most used, standard because FHA financed bungalows were still the most common residence. The 30" factor seldom made it into the 16" and higher tubs except for some acrylic versions, and its market is so limited that few, if any, manufacturers would make a 30"x66" tub and expect to sell more than one every few years. A 66" tub is usually installed in a room, that has adequate room for something larger than 30" wide.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks