(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Is SanaGloss worth it?

Default Is SanaGloss worth it?

I'll be buying a Toto toilet in the next few months. The sales woman at the local plumbing store said that, in her opinion, the SanaGloss toilets were not worth the extra cost.

Anybody care to discuss?

Thanks

...and fantastic site, Terry! You da man!

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Some of my customers have both glazes.

Many of them wish they were all Sanagloss,
    not the the standard glazing isn't good, it's just nice to have that extra ease in cleaning.

I've had a Drake for about a month, and I've never noticed anything left on the bottom of the bowl at all. I've had toilets where this was a real problem, but not with the Drake. Everything just gets sucked out so quickly, it doesn't have time to swirl around the bowl and make a mess.
    Last edited by Terry; 02-02-2008 at 04:02 PM.

I've got both the Drake and the Carusoe; neither with sanagloss. Havent had any problems as far as cleaning goes even with two teenage boys using them. Is the extra $$$ worth it? I really cant say as it is all a personal preference. The customers I have who purchased a toilet with the sanagloss love it though.

I bought Drake and wish I bought the sanagloss, since the Drake uses only the 1.6 gallons to flush it does leave a lot of staining on the sides. Many "1.6" toilets use more water because you have to hold the handle down a long time to get it to flush everything, the result is more water usage but that does clean the bowl better.