Push Button urnial

Users who are viewing this thread

erthwrks89

Reaction score
Greetings--- I have a urnial with the old type manual push button flush, The only writing I can find on the breaker, Sloan Valve Co . I went to Sloans website but can't find the type of flush valve I have. The breaker is a v500. The problem is the water will not shut off . I would like to get a repair kit . Any Idea who would make this type of valve? Thanks Bill

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
erthwrks89 said:
Greetings--- I have a urnial with the old type manual push button flush, The only writing I can find on the breaker, Sloan Valve Co . I went to Sloans website but can't find the type of flush valve I have. The breaker is a v500. The problem is the water will not shut off . I would like to get a repair kit . Any Idea who would make this type of valve? Thanks Bill
Checking the sloan web page comes up with a few buttom style valves. checking the pages for the v500 comes up empty. Ya I know you knew that, so taking a picture of the valve will help alot.

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
V-500-AA is the Vacuum breaker assembly for the valve.
5323005 is 3/4" x 9" which is for the urinal
5323006 is 1-1/4" x 9 which is old style urinal
5323007 is 1-1/2" x 9 which is for a toilet.

They have tons of Repair and rebuid kits but you would need to find out which one you have, can you take a picture and e-mail it to
ussales.411@sloanvalve.com they should be able to identify it for you.

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
erthwrks89 said:

You either need to clean the diaghram, or replace it.
The chrome top on the valve comes off with a "spud" wrench, or any flat non serated wrench thats big enough (so not to ruin the polished finish).
Take out the black disk, hold it up to a light, you should see a pinhole on the disk.
If not, clean it & re-assemble.
Any plumbing supply should have it if you need to replace it.

erthwrks89

Reaction score
Heres a picture ---I found Chicago Faucet Co on the valve . The old eyes aren't what they use to be ----------Thanks Bill

Attachments

• P1010003.JPG
    P1010003.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 616

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
That is one interesting valve. It does look rather old. Should get a new motion sensor valve. I don't care for touching those things.

erthwrks89

Reaction score
Patrick 88 ---------- Is there a sensor valve that would" Bolt Up"----Would that just take the place of the valve or the breaker also? Bill

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks