(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Push Button urnial

Default Push Button urnial

Greetings--- I have a urnial with the old type manual push button flush, The only writing I can find on the breaker, Sloan Valve Co . I went to Sloans website but can't find the type of flush valve I have. The breaker is a v500. The problem is the water will not shut off . I would like to get a repair kit . Any Idea who would make this type of valve? Thanks Bill

Quote Originally Posted by erthwrks89
    Greetings--- I have a urnial with the old type manual push button flush, The only writing I can find on the breaker, Sloan Valve Co . I went to Sloans website but can't find the type of flush valve I have. The breaker is a v500. The problem is the water will not shut off . I would like to get a repair kit . Any Idea who would make this type of valve? Thanks Bill
    Checking the sloan web page comes up with a few buttom style valves. checking the pages for the v500 comes up empty. Ya I know you knew that, so taking a picture of the valve will help alot.
    I'm just starting to work with an old friend of mine to bring solar electric and hot water systems, wind turbines, Flex Fuel Boilers, batteries, hydroponic gardening, books, pellet grills and more. Also the parts for DIY installation.

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale Peanut9199's Avatar

V-500-AA is the Vacuum breaker assembly for the valve.
    5323005 is 3/4" x 9" which is for the urinal
    5323006 is 1-1/4" x 9 which is old style urinal
    5323007 is 1-1/2" x 9 which is for a toilet.

They have tons of Repair and rebuid kits but you would need to find out which one you have, can you take a picture and e-mail it to
    ussales.411@sloanvalve.com they should be able to identify it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by erthwrks89
    You either need to clean the diaghram, or replace it.
    The chrome top on the valve comes off with a "spud" wrench, or any flat non serated wrench thats big enough (so not to ruin the polished finish).
    Take out the black disk, hold it up to a light, you should see a pinhole on the disk.
    If not, clean it & re-assemble.
    Any plumbing supply should have it if you need to replace it.
    "The biggest regrets we have in life are the chances we never took."

oh...and make sure the supply to the valve is off.

Default valve

Push button could be a Chicago Niad valve.

Heres a picture ---I found Chicago Faucet Co on the valve . The old eyes aren't what they use to be ----------Thanks Bill
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default valve

Almost any good parts store will have a new insert stem. Make sure it has the "dashpot" on the end that controls how fast it closes.

Before I mislead you with my last post, thats not the valve I was referring to.

That is one interesting valve. It does look rather old. Should get a new motion sensor valve. I don't care for touching those things.
    I'm just starting to work with an old friend of mine to bring solar electric and hot water systems, wind turbines, Flex Fuel Boilers, batteries, hydroponic gardening, books, pellet grills and more. Also the parts for DIY installation.

Patrick 88 ---------- Is there a sensor valve that would" Bolt Up"----Would that just take the place of the valve or the breaker also? Bill

I believe the sensor valves for urinals are 3/4" and I think you would need to lower the breaker

You probily have change the copper tube to install a new flush valve.That looks like 1/2".

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale Peanut9199's Avatar

So it's a meter initiated urinal flush valve.
    You will need to changed the push button unit which is most of the unit.
    Chicago's new unit is:
    http://www.chicagofaucets.com/catalo...=45&manufact=1
    and the push buttom unit is:
    http://www.chicagofaucets.com/catalo...169&manufact=1
    and it's about a third of the price of a new unit, but any manufactuer will have a new one that will work.

Thanks everyone the parts are on there way---------- Bill