leaking shower head

Users who are viewing this thread

planb

Reaction score
i have a low end kohler single handle shower faucet ( installed in a cheaply built condo development) that has recently begun to allow water to drip from the showerhead when the water is off... i have been told that it's either a pressure balance issue or a cartridge issue.... was wondering if anyone knows where to start.

Last edited:

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
planb said:
i have a low end kohler shower faucet ( installed in a cheaply built condo development) that has recently begun to allow water to drip from the showerhead when the water is off... i have been told that it's either a pressure balance issue or a cartridge issue.... was wondering if anyone knows where to start.

Is this a tub/shower? If It is a tub/shower you should flip the diverter to let the shower head drain.

If it is just a shower then you need a rebuild.

Unless your pressure is very high I would doubt it is that

planb

Reaction score
it is just a shower..... when you say rebuild, are you talking about replacing the entire diverter? that would be a costly project ( new plumbing, tile replacement, etc...)

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
No remodeling required! You should be able to replace the guts of the valve and restore it to like new condition. Problem is that with Kohler, there is very little consistency from model to model...their parts book looks more like a phone book so you'll either need the exact model number or to take the offending part to a good supply house to get matched up with the right part. If you are lucky, they'll have it, otherwise, you may need to reinstall the old one until they can order the part you require. If you are really lucky, and you post a picture of it, somebody will know what the part it needs is, and you can forgo tearing it apart right away.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks