(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to install dishwasher drain to double sink?

That will work if you have enough space in the horizontal (probably the right side , judging by your original pic)

Terry..My Double Sink like above (minus the Disposer..) uses Copper Pipe. I got a Dishwasher Instal Kit with it, however it is only for a Single sink. Looking for the Best/Cheapest route.. I have seen Co.'s like Keeney showing the Dual Sink Drains w/ the Dishwasher Drain..(END OUTLET CONTINUOUS WASTES - WITH BAFFLE TEE - SLIP JOINT) Should I just Replace the existing Copper Pipes with ABS..or just go with a Wye and Adaptor in between the sinks ? Also, the supplied Hot Water Line is 60"..so I am about 40" too short..(Drain Hose is plenty long enough) This is a 'New Instal'..not a replacement..can I splice in another 40" with a 3/8 nipple..? Also..is this going to be too far of a Run for proper draining ? Didn't really want to remove cabinets to get closer !
    Last edited by Gudtime; 10-26-2012 at 02:36 PM. Reason: spelling

I'm not sure I understand if you have a disposal or not when you say,"minus the disposal". If you have a disposal, the dishwasher drains into it. There is a knock out plug in the side of the disposal where it goes. Be sure you remove the plug and not leave it inside. If you do not have a disposal, then you use the tee as shown in a couple of post back. Depending on where you live, an air gap may be required. The hose from the DW connects to one side of the air gap and a hose to the sink drain connects to the other side before the P trap. Somd places allow a high loop instead of an air gap, and in that event, the hose from the DW must be looped and attached under the counter so that the loop is higher than the DW. Make sure the hose will not kink where it is attached to the counter top. Then the hose goes to the drain as described above. An air gap is always legal, high loops are OK in just some places. As far as the supply line is concerned, you can splice onto the existing line or replace it with a single line that is long enough. I use a line that has the braided steel cover and attach it to the water supply with a 1/4 turn valve. Of course you are free to use whatever method you prefer.